Guess Who's Getting Remarried?

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
Just like I said and many argued to the contrary. Just heard it on "Cord Cutters", d¡sh & Echostar are merging.

OK, all those who said it wouldn't happen when I said at least by Q4. Shoulda placed some bets on this one! Humble apologies will be greatly appreciated at the door.

The Dish / DirecTV merger (may it never happen) looks a lot like the old Sirius / XM merger. Choice may be to have ONE, or NONE.

Besides, plenty of options for TV - cable and Internet. And with at least three Internet satellite systems going up (not counting geo), the Internet option is growing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The plan was announced several weeks ago.
Why, then when I posted about DTV, d¡sh & Echostar a week or two ago did I got so much "resistance" to the premise of d¡sh and E* reconnecting. Then around Q4 adding DTV? Market talk says that the only result of D and d&E to merge would be the leverage value of the whole OF WHICH all the other talk is Charlie needs $$$$$$$$.

Now you have to ask, WHAT will they be Getting if they RE EMERGE ???
Hopes the debt/bond markets will open back up to Dish after the merger.

Charlie Ergen himself said those markets are closed to Dish, this is the last hail mary.

If that does not work, selling some spectrum, but that gets the FCC involved, based on everything I have read, in my opinion, they seem hostile to Dish.

Just like I said and many argued to the contrary. Just heard it on "Cord Cutters", d¡sh & Echostar are merging.

OK, all those who said it wouldn't happen when I said at least by Q4. Shoulda placed some bets on this one! Humble apologies will be greatly appreciated at the door.
I suggested this months ago on this web board, as a way for Charlie to have a bigger company funds to draw on and I guess Charlie was reading it because that is exactly what he is doing now. :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts