Dish hopper 3 resume playback issue while still recording game

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2023
florida
Up until yesterday I was able to watch a football game while it was still recording, go to another recording , then come can and resume watching that football game where I left off.
Now when I try to resume the game I was watching it goes to the live tv feed. I can go back and watch from the start but can’t pick it up where I left off even though I choose the “resume” playback option. Only happens when game is still recording

Reactions: bobkat
Josh mentioned on October 18th that Dish is aware of a problem with the Resume function. He said that software update H365 which may come out this coming week would address this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh mentioned on October 18th that Dish is aware of a problem with the Resume function. He said that software update H365 which may come out this coming week would address this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you -Was there a post on this that I just didn't see? I was thinking it was a problem w/my Hopper3

Reactions: charlesrshell
Up until yesterday I was able to watch a football game while it was still recording, go to another recording , then come can and resume watching that football game where I left off.
Now when I try to resume the game I was watching it goes to the live tv feed. I can go back and watch from the start but can’t pick it up where I left off even though I choose the “resume” playback option. Only happens when game is still recording
Ditto. Long time user, never had a problem or even paid attention to settings in my Hopper, much less join /post in a forum. Big sports fan, never had an issue. Why I PAY for DISH instead of going the cheaper streaming route. This blew multiple games for me, what a shocker watching multiple games, hit resume and BOOM, there is the score in the last quarter, ruining the game(s). Absolute best time of year for sports viewing, all sports overlapping and baseball playoffs! Please get this issue fixed!

This happened to me just yesterday on one of the NFL games.

I have a Hopper w Sling, the download was Wednesday the 17th and the version is H264. I see posters talking about H364 w H365 on the way. Will H265 come out w H365?

I have a Hopper w Sling, the download was Wednesday the 17th and the version is H264. I see posters talking about H364 w H365 on the way. Will H265 come out w H365?
H364 and H365 are for Hopper 3, not Hopper w Sling. The 3 stands for Hopper 3 and the 2 stands for Hopper 2. You have the correct software.

H364 and H365 are for Hopper 3, not Hopper w Sling. The 3 stands for Hopper 3 and the 2 stands for Hopper 2. You have the correct software.
?? Did you read the thread? There is an issue w RESUME for live programs being recorded. There is an update expected for Hopper 3 to resolve this issue currently using H364, so there is my question since I have the same issue on my Hopper w Sling which is using H264.

?? Did you read the thread? There is an issue w RESUME for live programs being recorded. There is an update expected for Hopper 3 currently using H364, so their is my question since H264 has the same issue on my Hopper sling.
If you are asking if there will be an H265 that should correct this issue, then yes there will be an H265 and it should correct that same issue on the Hopper w Sling..

Following up -- Has anyone found a temporary work around for this?
Other than the obvious to stop the recording, then start recording again to be able to go back & pick up where you left off on the game? Trying to figure out in case we don't have the fix in time for this weekend's games.

Looks like new software came out overnight.

On remote press home three times then where it says software version of it says h365 then yours already downloaded and should be good to go. If it says h364 then go to tools on the right then select upgrade software. The receiver will go to standby then reset itself and come back on to standby screen. Do not touch any buttons on remote during this and after a few minutes it will start downloading software.

Other than the obvious to stop the recording, then start recording again to be able to go back & pick up where you left off on the game? Trying to figure out in case we don't have the fix in time for this weekend's games.
Looks like new software came out overnight.

On remote press home three times then where it says software version of it says h365 then yours already downloaded and should be good to go. If it says h364 then go to tools on the right then select upgrade software. The receiver will go to standby then reset itself and come back on to standby screen. Do not touch any buttons on remote during this and after a few minutes it will start downloading software.
I'm dealing with H264 and no update last night. I guess it's worth a shot to try the manual download at least before Saturday. Anybody know if the Hopper 2 updates usually come out at the same time?

What I did is divide each game I want to watch into at least two manual recordings. Lot of recordings, pain in the arse, and you do have to pay close attention and not play the wrong recording, but works for me.

Sorry to report that the Resume while recording in process going to Live TV is still an issue. I have the H365 update & just tried this a.m.with Golf channel recording I started watching, tried to resume - back to live TV. I posted this on another thread, but I know many are following this because of the games this weekend.