Dish Network CES Videos

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well another CES is now in the books. If you read SatelliteGuys often you know that we broke most of the Satellite news from CES weeks (and in some cases) months ago.

With that said we are proud to give you some more first looks this time in VIDEO form. You can watch the following two videos via YouTube. If you wish to view them in higher quality video there are links below the YouTube Videos (And if you want to see these videos is FULL High Definition then become a supporting pub member for access to our HD video downloads. :)

[youtube]6alidgDV6hA[/youtube]

External USB Storage Demo (I just uploaded this one, if it say unavailable then try again later)

[youtube]OmXbeQoJ1w0[/youtube]

Better Resolution Videos

DishONLINE
External USB Storage

Remember you can see these videos in full HIGH DEFINITION if your a supporting pub member. Your support allows us to continue traveling to shows such as CES, CEDIA, SatelliteEXPO and it also allows us to pay our sever and bandwidth bills.

To become a supporting Pub Member please CLICK HERE

What's up with the last comment at the end of the External USB Storage video? "You plug it in, and the first time you try to archive an event it will prompt you to reformat. The set top box will reformat; reboot and you’re ready to go…” WHAT?!? What about all the programming I already have on my 622?

He was answering a question about what you do with the drive to get it to work. The answer just plug it in and the receiver does the rest.

One confused comment in the video, the guy first said that you could move the contents from USB drive to PC for storage only (not play back), then, he stated the file system on the USB drive is porpritery and won't be recognized by PC..... So which part is the truth? :)

he just kept saying "set top box", does that mean that boxes other than the 622 (on the single account, of course) will have this HD playback feature directly from the external drive?

Camcorder video on external drive

During the demo, he mentioned that slides could be loaded into the external drive to setup slide shows. I wan't quite sure about what has to be done to do this but what about consumer camcorder HDV footage. Can this be stored in some manner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts