Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS!

meshmar

Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Florida
I have been a long term customer of dish network, and now I am being told that they don't give a damn about me as a customer. Several Technicians (Satellites Unlimited, a Dish Contractor) have said I need a taller pole. I even had a taller pole that had been installed by Dish Network previously ... but one of the technicians removed it and took it instead of moving it about a foot. Now I am being told that Dish no longer furnishes the taller poles, and even if I purchased one they would not install the dish on the taller pole because it would not be on Dish Network equipment.

They want ME (a disabled veteran living on a fixed income) to pay for an Independent Retailer to travel here and install a taller pole and place their equipment on it.

According to the Management level of Customer Service at Dish Network NO ONE at Dish Network has the authority to allow an exception to their POLICY. I'm sorry that the CEO and Upper Level of Dish Network are so powerless....

I guess it's time for me to move to DirecTV (whom I was with before I moved to Dish Network) or the Digital Cable that's available in my area - I'm sure they will be glad to get my service (and money).

I got installed on a pole from dish network about 3yrs ago. Hmmmm I also have a 2 story house with a major attic where I can turn it into another room. Do you think someone with 30ft tall or 3 stories high gets pole mounted cause they don't wanna climb my roof?

sometimes people install the dish on a pole because its easier and they are lazy. but if i would have been the tech at ur house I would have installed it on a pole because it would be easier for you and I to service. If it got covered in snow you couldnt do a thing about it.

sometimes people install the dish on a pole because its easier and they are lazy. but if i would have been the tech at ur house I would have installed it on a pole because it would be easier for you and I to service. If it got covered in snow you couldnt do a thing about it.
since the OP is in Florida I dont think snow is a major factor ;)

By all means go to Digital Cable, they will bend over backwards for a disabled vetran on a fixed income. If you can't afford it you DON'T NEED IT.

I have been a long term customer of dish network, and now I am being told that they don't give a damn about me as a customer. Several Technicians (Satellites Unlimited, a Dish Contractor) have said I need a taller pole. I even had a taller pole that had been installed by Dish Network previously ... but one of the technicians removed it and took it instead of moving it about a foot. Now I am being told that Dish no longer furnishes the taller poles, and even if I purchased one they would not install the dish on the taller pole because it would not be on Dish Network equipment.

They want ME (a disabled veteran living on a fixed income) to pay for an Independent Retailer to travel here and install a taller pole and place their equipment on it.

According to the Management level of Customer Service at Dish Network NO ONE at Dish Network has the authority to allow an exception to their POLICY. I'm sorry that the CEO and Upper Level of Dish Network are so powerless....

I guess it's time for me to move to DirecTV (whom I was with before I moved to Dish Network) or the Digital Cable that's available in my area - I'm sure they will be glad to get my service (and money).

Any chance you have work orders of the removal or older photos of the pole? If so get them scanned in and email them to the CEO about your concern on the lack of returning of your install back to what is was.

On a separate note why can this not be a Roof mount or siding mount? Sorry didn't see a description. You might get some helpful suggestions on alternatives with pictures of the your install location options here on Satelliteguys.

Moving to Directv won't help you either. There is a standard sized pole. For Dish it is 7.5 feet giving a pole height of about 5 to 5.5 feet. Directv's is 6 inches longer.
Any other type pole, is payable by the customer.
An unscrupulous salesperson may tell you that the tech will supply any pole needed. And a CSR with limited knowledge may tell you the same.
Think about it. there is limited space on a work vehicle. We can't carry poles, posts or other devices to cover every rare contingency. There are limits to everything.

I got installed on a pole from dish network about 3yrs ago. Hmmmm I also have a 2 story house with a major attic where I can turn it into another room. Do you think someone with 30ft tall or 3 stories high gets pole mounted cause they don't wanna climb my roof?
not sure what it is you are asking.
This is the way it is. The tech has sole discretion as to roofs or other potentially hazardous or dangerous situations. That said, the tech makes that call. If he is willing to go up, he does but at YOUR risk.
Few homeowners know this. If you as a homeowner invite a service person to your home to do contracted work, you are liable for any injuries that person may incur while on your property. So be very careful in demanding a hazardous roof climb.

Umm hawkeye... there is MORE labor involved in a pole mount. Lazy? You have some nerve, sir.

Well it would be nice to see what u buy in HD
uh.....ok.....I have no comment to that

and it is an extra HD channel
Yep like WFN HD.....well hell I'll take some of the sporting events I recorded, turn them into stretch-o-vision, call it IS-HD (Iceberg's sports HD) and maybe then I can get "a channel" on Dish ;)

I think Dish folks would take sports in HD over QVC-HD, HSN-HD, Jewelry HD or TBN HD :)

i wonder why the OP allowed a previous tech to remove his original pole and why the original pole was being removed in the first place? theres more to the story here. the tech only took the pole as the tech was allowed too. the OP at that time should have inspected the work, and asked about the pole when he noticed it missing.

and i know this sounds harsh and i will get slack for it, but why would dish care if your a disabled veteran on a fixed income? your dollar has the same value at the bank as the dollar from someone on a higher variable income. a dollar is a dollar, no matter where it comes from. your money is not more special then the money from someone else. a company should not be more liable to give you expanded services. your real issue here is with the govt that issues your benefits if your income is that tight.