Dish Network Damaged my television set!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mitchflorida said:
if what you are saying is true, why does DISH deliberately put a screeen saver on its radio music stations? Clearly they realize that to do otherwise would damage our tv sets.

Wouldn't damage mine (DLP). ;)

Instead of all this whining, and faux finger pointing, why not try being an adult and accept responsibility for your own negligence?

NightRyder

mitchflorida said:
If you notice, Dish wisely puts on a screen saver when you listen to the Sirius music stations. They should do the same with the "pause" function of the DVR as well. It is a simple software update for Dish to do.

I never really left it on, but the problem accumulated to an extent. To be honest , the Fox News Logo is also burned in on the bottom left.

I think rear-projection CRT is flawed technology. Is it being replaced by lcd?

In the meantime, Dish should reimburse me for my damage!

Mitch,
I feel sorry for you! You came on here looking for help and got totally dumped on. So sad. Almost as sad as thinking that it is Dish's fault that YOU screwed up your TV! What's your pay-pal account #, I'll send you a dollar so you can buy a life.
Let me guess:
>It was your teacher's fault that you failed the test because she gave it on a Monday and you had too much to do over the weekend instead of studying. Yep, gotta be the teacher's fault!
>It was the car maker's fault because you ran out of gas. If they had just put in a bigger tank, you wouldn't have run out of gas. Yep, gotta be the car maker's fault!
>It was the cop's fault that you got pulled over for speeding. If he hadn't been on the road that you were on then he never would have known you were speeding. Yep, gotta be the cop's fault!
>It was your wife's fault that you forgot your anniversary. If she had just written it larger on her calendar then you might have seen it and remembered. Yep, gotta be the wife's fault!
You sure you don't want to change your name to T.O. or how about Drew Rosenhaus? Cause you are sounding just like them. "It wasn't our fault it was the Eagles!" "We did nothing wrong!" I say enjoy the burn, cause that is what Dish will tell you between laughs!
What? I'm being to hard on you? Well, It's not my fault, it's my computer's fault for allowing me to put these words up on the screen. If it hadn't come with the keyboard, then I never could have written it! ;) :D

CRT rear projection don't burn in? Someone actually thinks this? You can cause a permanent burn-in within 48 hours if you try to do it.

I lost a lot of sympathy for the original poster when he admitted that he has the Fox News logo burned in. Anyone watching Fox News that much deserves burn in.

One thing you can try in an attempt to reduce the burn in is to put the set into torch mode (by setting both your brightness and contrast to very high settings) and then tuning the tv to an unused cable channel, so that the screen is filled with "snow". Leave it that way a lot over the next few days.

Also stop watching Fox News and stop leaving the DVR pause image on the screen (which you can do by switching to another video input when you pause). If you keep putting the sames images on the screen that have already burned, then they only get worse and worse.

When you get done with the "snow torch" then change your brightness and contrast back to appropriate settings, which will likely be somewhere in the middle of their ranges. And make sure your color temperature setting/mode is not "cool".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)