Dish Network DPP Separator

vistamandan

Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
I just purchased form a 3rd party online a Dish Player DVR 625 receiver to view and record SD programs. I will be replacing and aging 2700 receiver. Do I understand that all I will need is a DPP separator or diplexer as it was called by a dish rep to "split" the cable from the wall into two for plug in to the 625 receiver? I only need to run one TV on the 625 unless there is a good way to run two through the same 625 receiver. Any help here would be appreciated. Here is a link to the DPP I think I need:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016HPAAG/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2U5SD93U2DN7T&me=&seller=&colid=25QU3BICQA32A"]http://www.satelliteguys.us/amazon_store_detail.php?custom_search=Dish+Network+DPP+Separator&custom_search_index=All&item=B0016HPAAG&page=1[/ame]​

Last edited:
If you are replacing a 2700, then it's connected to legacy equipment. If you want to run a single cable to a dual-tuner receiver, then you will also need to upgrade the LNBs to DP LNBs, and your switches to DPP switches. This might be as simple as replacing a legacy twin with a DPP twin. What sats are you currently receiving?

If you have legacy equipment there is a cheaper solution to going DPP. Hopefully you have something like a pair of dual LNB on a Dish 500. If you are lucky you may have a quad LNB, I which case, just use one of the spare outputs to feed the second PVR input.
If you don’t have any spare outputs you will need to buy a SW44 switch. Fairly cheap on E-Bay. This would give you 4 outputs with both satellites. You may wish to read up a little.

Go with a DPP twin. They dont cost much and you wont need any switches to make your system work if the 625 is the only receiver you have. There is no reason to run more cable or add a switch.

Last edited:
Do I understand that all I will need is a DPP separator or diplexer as it was called by a dish rep to "split" the cable from the wall into two for plug in to the 625 receiver? QUOTE]

The question has pretty much been answered, but just so you know... a seperator and diplexer are completely different things, for different uses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)