Dish Network Earnings Call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Charlie is talking about Echostar 15 which is being built to replace AMC-14 plus Echostar 14 which will launch in 2010.

Q
Voom channels what does this mean in lt carriage of these channels,
A:
Charlie the Voom channels we are going to take the Voom channels down have already took down 2/3 rdaand will take down the rest when we can; We can replace those channels with other channels of comperative value.

OK Charlie, count the number of hours of commercial-free HD on VOOM, now count the number of hours of HD on the channels you added yesterday. Where's the comparitive(?) "value" or even comparable programming? DUMBASS!

"...we have been suppling mpeg 4 boxes exclusivlly for about 2 years..."

Huh? On what planet?

wow since all Voom is going away, I really might have to look at Direct now.. They picked up a couple Skyangel channels and they have Locals in HD now..

Now Charlie is talking about his Management style as playing poker, sometimes you need to fold for 10 hours in order to win the big pot.

Charlie: We missed the HD window last year as we concentrated on the HD Dvr..we missed some opportunities there...

Sorry but that sounds like a bogus excuse, unless the HD DVR engineers are also working on the uplink and programming units.

wow.. thats akin to adding 22 channels and then pitching 15 and calling it a sum of 22 channels. Logic isnt there folks.. Wow hes really struggling with this false advertising!

Charlie: We missed the HD window last year as we concentrated on the HD Dvr..we missed some opportunities there...
Duh! Like Christmas, the Super Bowl, ... Lots of people buying HD television sets, looking for a provider with lots of HD channels.

Are any of you guys in business???

He is being fairly honest in what I am reading, he is going as far as to complement D*.

I heard nothing but **** about Voom for the time I have been following this board, I can;t see it being this much of a loss people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monsters Hd will be a major hit for me, I can get everything else Dish offers from D. Sounds crazy but I signed on with dish because of some of the Voom, that no one carriers. Charlie sezs there is no demand,he did not ask me! I know Voom had plenty of repaeats, and some channels I never watch,but I enjoyed the movie channels. There is nothing out there to compare to Monsters HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts