Dish Network External HD Issues

hawkeyez88

Original poster
May 18, 2008
After spending an hour on the phone with dish tech support when i was receiving the error that my external hd would no longer connect to my receiver and that i need to reformat the drive to make it function again, i finally got the dish tech support to send a signal to my receiver to fix the issue. I had talked to 2 techs on the phone and asked to talk to 2 different managers because i was not satisfied with the answers that they were giving me to delete all my archived recordings to "fix" this problem. For those of you who are familiar with error 866 you know what i'm talking about. This error states that the external hd will not function because it has been plugged into too many different receivers. After Dish's technician on the phone told me that this error usually only occurs after being plugged into 3 different receivers, I told her again that nothing has changed in my setup and that I have never moved this device. Even the manager told me that there was no way to fix it. I explained to her that the problem was the way my receiver was talking to them or vice versa and to delete my recordings was an unacceptable answer and that i wanted to speak to her boss. After putting me on hold is when she told me that she was going to send a signal to my receiver to fix the issue. And low and behold it actually worked. If anyone else has this issue, do not reformat your drive unless you want to lose everything. I wish Dish had competent people on the phone. They even told me the channels i was looking at on my screen didn't exist in their system, those channels being CSNBA & CSNWS in HD, but that is for another post. C'mon Dish I expect more out of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)