Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK FIRST TO bring Israel’s ‘Israkids’ Channel TO United States

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 24, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C., the leader in international programming in the United States, today announced the launch of Israel’s IsraKids channel, the first TV channel of its kind to broadcast 24 hours of children-specific programming, all in Hebrew. DISH Network is the first U.S. TV provider to deliver the channel.

“DISH Network has a history of providing the best selection of international programming in America, and our Israeli channel lineup is no exception,” said Chris Kuelling, vice president of International Programming for DISH Network. “IsraKids – exclusive nationally to DISH Network – along with other top-rated Hebrew-language channels, allows the U.S. Israeli population to connect with their home country in a way not offered by any other TV provider.”

IsraKids (DISH Network Ch. 742) encourages children to interact with the different programs by writing emails, sending messages and even calling in to participate in the daily live events. The channel is available as part of the Israeli Select package (formerly Israeli Platinum) for $34.99 per month.

The Israeli Select package also features three additional channels, all exclusive nationwide on DISH Network: Good Life Israel (DISH Network Ch. 743), a Hebrew-language channel focused on cooking, travel, health and well being, design and music; The Israeli Network (DISH Network Ch. 711), the only 24-hour Hebrew-language channel featuring the best of Israeli TV to viewers in the U.S., including highlights from Israel’s leading channels like Channel One, Channel Two, Channel Ten, Sports and Hop TV; and Euronews (DISH Network Ch. 901), offering world news from a European perspective, covering a wide range of sports, business, European affairs, current affairs and lifestyle features.

Claude, please don't take this personally. But I do believe US would be a better place if people remembered the rule "Different strokes for different folks". So while you are yawning, I can see many people enjoying the opportunity to have their kids experience Hebrew language.

I'll tell you what: If Dish China package has a ChinaKids channel, hey, the way the world is turning, I'd love that my 14 month old started to learn mandarin as early as possible.

Important disclaimer: I am not of israeli/jewish or chinese background.

Wow, another bigoted comment from Claude about an addition of a Spanish or international channel, big surprise! I wonder why I avoid doing any business with dish store and tell my friends the same.

And doesn't webmaster Scott have something to do with dish store, yet Claude is always offending International and Spanish customers everytime Scott announces a new channel.

Claude, as vezes a melhor coisa é nao dizer nada.

Sometimes its best not to say anything.

However, International channel additions such as this one make absolutly no difference to either existing customers, or to new customers who want to get service.

There area lot of channels that appeal only to a small set of people. This site has always dutifully announced themupon launch. Why should this be any different?

However, International channel additions such as this one make absolutly no difference to either existing customers, or to new customers who want to get service.

So, why did you bother remarking on it? There are a lot of Jewish families in my service area who would love this channel. There aren't many choices for Hebrew programming.

Tyralak said:
So, why did you bother remarking on it? There are a lot of Jewish families in my service area who would love this channel. There aren't many choices for Hebrew programming.

He was translating the Portuguese at the end of the post immediately before his. And then (I think) explaining his "yawn" comment.

I'm not sure yawn was a necessary comment, but bigoted seems a bit of a stretch to me. I think I'd be a very big mistake to jump to that conclusion when simple disinterest is an equally possible interpretation.

Claude Greiner said:

That's just plain wrong Claude, if internationals made zero difference to existing and potential new subs, then Dish wouldn't bother to tie up transponder space carrying them. They do, so there's some segment out there that subscribes to the various international offerings and that segment is enough to make carrying the channels profitable.

These are just like any other niche channels; but even better than most, they're a la carte so only those who want them have to bear their cost.

I started with Dish years ago because they were the only provider that offered the international channel I sub to, that's no longer the case, but Dish's exclusivity is what won me over initially.

I started with Dish years ago because they were the only provider that offered the international channel I sub to...
Ditto, and I speak only English. (The international channels were for other family members.)

He was translating the Portuguese at the end of the post immediately before his. And then (I think) explaining his "yawn" comment.

I'm not sure yawn was a necessary comment, but bigoted seems a bit of a stretch to me. I think I'd be a very big mistake to jump to that conclusion when simple disinterest is an equally possible interpretation.

If this were the first comment by Claude, you might have a point, but he has made other comments in the past that were certainly not very friendly to non-English channels and by implication to the people who watch them. I certainly will never buy anything from him.

exactly. You'd be amazed at what some of the folks who came from other countries will do or pay to see their "homeland" programs. Great example is free-to-air. Alot of those foreign based channels that are out there FTA look worse than a blown up youtube video (hell some MIGHT be a blown up youtube program) but they'll take it.

Same with paying $15, $20 or more for programs from their homeland

Reactions: Elkview
Claude, please don't take this personally. But I do believe US would be a better place if people remembered the rule "Different strokes for different folks". So while you are yawning, I can see many people enjoying the opportunity to have their kids experience Hebrew language.

I'll tell you what: If Dish China package has a ChinaKids channel, hey, the way the world is turning, I'd love that my 14 month old started to learn mandarin as early as possible.

Important disclaimer: I am not of israeli/jewish or chinese background.

Great post! The more the merrier! I think its great to add these diverse channels.

what satellite is the israeli channels on? i think they are on satellite 118..ty for help and reply :)

Last edited:

Google and Dish make highest 1st round bids for Hulu

Back to Dish after 3 years away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)