Dish network for RVer

jstephenjonesj

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I've been a dish network subscriber for 2 years now. We have an RV & are planning to be 'on the road' for about a month, later this month.
I've called the Dish help desk but they were of little help.
I'm hoping some of you folks can set me straight.
What we want is to know How to set up a second dish antenna with our RV using our existing account & be able to get programming that we're paying for, while we're 'on the road'.
Can anyone please help & let me know any web sites that spells out the details as to what to buy & how to set it up? I'm assuming that we need to take one of our current receivers with us??
Any help will be appreciated.

Get an extra Dish 500 (garage sale, ebay, internet, wherever). Bring one of the receivers from your house with you (or I suppose buy a new one). When you're ready to watch TV, hook up the receiver, aim the dish, and bingo.

Without knowing your RV set up, your dish equipment, and your programming wants, this is a bit hard for someone to answer.

But, basically, you put one of your receivers in the RV and hook an appropriate dish up to your satellite line to the receiver. There are many ways of using a dish, from setting them on a table, to tripods, to automatic ones installed on the rooftop. You will need to know what kind of dish/lnb you'll need to match your receiver and your programming.

In general, the Dish Network folks are not a good resource to help you when it comes to RV info. From the nature of your question, I would suggest to go to a RV technical forum and do some reading and asking. Such as:

Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts