Dish Network - Fox Sports North Issue?

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Gone from the guide now. So I haven't heard anything about this. How can it be 35 games. If there was a dispute, wouldn't they just yank the channel? Can't find anything anywhere about why this is happening.

Gone from the guide now. So I haven't heard anything about this. How can it be 35 games. If there was a dispute, wouldn't they just yank the channel? Can't find anything anywhere about why this is happening.

That is what I thought - if there was a dispute, wouldn't they just pull the channel? Did Fox Sports North show all the T'Wolves games last year?

Last year FS North carried all the games
The previous year (2012-2013 season) there were 25 games on local TV (My29 WFTC) in the Twin Cities. They were shown on FS North outside of the Minneapolis market

There was originally x number of games that were going to be on FSN, but they then added a bunch more and therefore wanted to charge more and Dish said no thanks.
last year it was all of them

press release for 2013-14 season
FOX Sports North and the Minnesota Timberwolves announced today a 75-game telecast schedule for the 2013-14 season, the most games ever televised by the network. For the first time, FOX Sports North will serve as the exclusive television home for the Minnesota Timberwolves, televising nearly every game that is not scheduled for national network TV.

2012-13 was last season of OTA games
The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team’s local regular-season broadcast schedule for the upcoming 2012-13 campaign. A franchise-record 78 regular-season games (95.1%) will be televised locally, including 50 on Fox Sports North and 25 on the Wolves' exclusive over-the-air broadcast home, WFTC My29. Northland Ford Dealers will serve as the presenting sponsor for the 25 contests on WFTC My29

So what is Dish showing right now on Fox Sports North? Is it just the typical "blackout" message where the channel isn't accessible? Or is there a slate saying the game is not available? Or alternate programming?

I have a feeling FOX is finding in every way possible every nook and cranny to get back at Dish, and this is one of them
wait until something else all of a sudden pops up besides this, So get ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)