DISH Network Free Preview Popup

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
What's the deal with the popup on channels informing you about the free previews that tell you to upgrade call some toll-free number?

I was watching The Cooking Channel and this popup kept coming up even though I pay for the channel?

When you press SELECT or CANCEL it just comes back a minute later, only to stay infinitely?

I know I can just disable TV enhancements but still who was the genius that thought this up?

Dunno, I've had "TV Enhancements" disabled basically forever since they're utterly useless (yes, this includes the "local" weather.)

Maybe this is Dish's response to complaints about their old idiotic way of doing previews, by putting them on a different channel number with a message about the free preview taking the place of the program listings in the EPG? Or do they still do that? (I wouldn't know, I use my favorites list only, and add new channels when I see them listed in the uplink reports here!)

Do you mean "This months FREE Preview Channels" or whatever? If so, yeah, they still do that.

Anyway, problem is still there, on my 322, maybe it's something to do with having DISH Family or something. However, on my other account (two houses :D ) with AT250 plus Starz, two 722k's, it doesn't show up.

DISH! Horrible idea!

TBH the dedicated "preview channels" never bothered me. Then again, some people are bothered by VOD 1, which never bothers me, hell the jewelry/gems channels bother me more :p .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts