DISH Network Going Out of Business.

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Yes, and DirecTV will follow. They are not expanding their customer base as rapidly anymore and this spells trouble for the two companies. According to my analysis, they may go out of business as early as next year, but definitely by the year 2593.

Since I deem myself very knowledgeable about all things "satellite", I have decided to become an analyst. This is my first prediction, and I offer it here for free.

I plan to analyze this issue further and within the next few months will offer advise on alternatives to the millions nervously questioning their satellite provider options after the demise of these two companies.

My future analysis will be available by subscription only. All those interested should provide their full name, address, banking and credit card information and social security number in this secure thread. The currently estimated price for my insights will be approximately $79 per year, with a minimum of three year commitment on your part (but none on my part).

Thanks for the joke Greatmac. Sometimes we take this stuff too seriously.

GreatMac said:
According to my analysis, they may go out of business as early as next year, but definitely by the year 2593.
Oh, they will be out of business long before then. I'll be suprised to see them in business in 2050 (45 years from now). I'll be too old to care too. :D

One fact about businesses: They do NOT last forever. Evolution happens. There are very few companies that have lasted long enough to even threaten this claim. Nobody lasts forever.

Realistically: I suspect D* and E* will not be in business in 20 years, let alone 45 or 588 years. Technology companies just don't last because technology doesn't last. That's why it is important to get a strong foothold.

JL

Cool!
Say, do you happen to have next weeks lotto and powerball numbers?

kschorz said:
Cool!
Say, do you happen to have next weeks lotto and powerball numbers?

For the real stuff, subscribe to my newsletter. See conditions above:)

BFG said:

hahahahaha,......rolling over laughing, but wait a lurker says it must be true. Look at AT&T, GTE, MCI, but wait what about GE, IBM, Ford, General Motors. ...... the truth is out there :eek:

I see most all satellite television out of business in the next 50+ years.

By then, only the most remote locations wont have gigabit fiber-optic interactive multi-media applications/VOD. (Yeah, like cable, but not)

You will also have wireless personal video devices that are like iPods now.Like 'Tivo2Go' but anywhere. It might take into the next century, but it is coming.

Might even go so far as to say that sooner or later there will be a surgically implanted or magnetically transduced interface that allows direct neural input. This will allow a much greater sensory experience including the sensation of smell, taste, feel, and temperature. (Like 'Brainstorm' the movie)

The crystal ball grows dark....

Every television screen will be as thin as paper and you can take it with you then after that a device would probably allow you to see it as if you was seeing it with your own eyes which would be better than any bigscreen you see.

Every television screen will be as thin as paper and you can take it with you then after that a device would probably allow you to see it as if you was seeing it with your own eyes which would be better than any bigscreen you see.