Network Stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Silas

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Does anyone know if Voom plans to add the network stations ? No ota from my location and I don't care if they are local or not.. but I need the major networks so I can drop cable.

i have heard this is in the works but will take some time so really don't know how long it will be

t

voom only has 2 sats. One is in limbo and their still "testing" the other. Oh and we can't
even see the other due to the fact that we don't have the dish.

So in order to start adding locals, I would belive that the earliest locals will start appearing on VOOM will be in approximately 30 months.

They can add East coast (like NY) and West coast (like LA) National locals like DishNetwork and DIrecTV did in the early days (and still do) for people that can not pull in locals with a OTA antenna. If you Qualiify via Zip code (out of OTA range) then Voom would be able to supply locals for these subscribers by only dedicating 10 channels to them (ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX/PBS - East and West coast feeds).

Silas said:
Does anyone know if Voom plans to add the network stations ? No ota from my location and I don't care if they are local or not.. but I need the major networks so I can drop cable.
Many cable providers have a package for around $9 to $12 a month that provides you your local channels. You have to be stern with the customer service rep, as they will say there’s no such thing, but many on this and other boards have this package to supplement Voom if you cannot get locals OTA. :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)