Bloomberg Radio - what a radio station?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I was listening to Bloomberg Radio on the way home hoping for some news. Instead I found out what piece nonsense that Radio Station is. First it is on a loop; the first piece of news was about traffic. They spent close to 6 minutes about it and another 4 talking about the weather. Within the 10 minutes the gave you some commercial. Then they went to commercials for another 3-4 minutes. They came back and now they gave you 1 minutes of Wall Street stock information. Then another 3-4 minutes of News Beyond finance which is just regular news. Then they went to commercial for another 3-4 minutes and came back to the traffic and the weather. At point, I decide to change the station. What a piece of nonsense radio station.

In those 15-20 minutes, 1 minute was spent on financial news...

What was the call letters of the station? It sounds like the station is picking a few minutes from Bloomberg and mixing in their own stuff.

Sean, your in NYC :) Do you ever listen to WBAI? Our station is affiliated with the same network, though we air more music than they do.

It's the Pacifica station on 99.5, I guess it could be called "public radio" even though they have nothing to do with NPR and don't receive Government funds :)

Yes, I know them. They are very radical in their news reporting. I used to follow them before they laid off their entire staff who are now in exile somewhere in the internet -- Amy Goodman. and a few others. I hardly listen to it now. Is this the same one?

Wow, are you behind the times :) The exiled are now back in control of Pacifica under new by-laws for the past two years now. Amy Goodman is on the network for an hour everyday. We air her program at Noon, I'm not sure when WBAI has her on. The reporters who were given the boot from the old PNN days have their own evening newscast on the network.

Headquarters are back on the West Coast and it is as if nothing ever happened. The listeners and stations control the network, rather than the coup days were the network dictated 'it is our way or no way.'

I agree the news can be radical, but I'm a firm believer of providing all viewpoints. The network does a headline news thing during the day which appear less radical as there is only so much you can fit in 5 minutes. The HN is probably not much more radical than what you hear on HDN or CNN-HN

Man, I am behind the times :) . Glad to see that the exiles are back! They were exiled without a justification. I may start listening again. Their exile was one reason I stopped listening.

I am back and caught the 5pm show Exploration. I used to listen to this show every week. Very good show if you are interested in physics and astronomy. The hosts of the show is a well known physicists, Michio Kaku, http://www.mkaku.org . He teaches at the City College University of NY. I did my Bachelor Degree there but never took a class with him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts