What is more important now?

I voted other because

I voted other because I think, at least for me, not any one of these alone can be the most important, but a combination of some or all are very important. For me HD is the only reason I subscribe to Voom. HD is all about the very best picture quality you can get, so PQ is a vital part of HD. A DVR is something I would love to have. I think more for convenience than actual usasge. I have a VCR, a DVD recorder and a DVHS digital vcr. I rarely use any of them, but they're great to have if I want to use them. I'm sure an HD DVR would be the same. I have the VaVaVoom package, so a tiered service option is not important to me. But, if their was an HD only tier it would be.

voomvoom said:
I voted other because I think, at least for me, not any one of these alone can be the most important, but a combination of some or all are very important. For me.

I agree that it is a combination of these.
But it is the right combination that will insure survival.

Survival isn't a choice, because it depends on Voom's performance regarding these issues.

These numbers are scarey, there are actually people who would prefer a DVR over better PQ? What's going on here, is Voom being invaded by J6P?

DarrellP said:
These numbers are scarey, there are actually people who would prefer a DVR over better PQ? What's going on here, is Voom being invaded by J6P?
Sorry, but I do prefer the DVR over better PQ, DarrellP. I still measure my TV in inches ("how cute"). Voom's PQ is great for us almost all the time, as long as the source material is HD. The upconverted stuff looks bad no matter what. The biggest mixed bag is WealthTV which appears to go back and forth in quality with each video clip.

I am still on your side, though. If Voom's PQ ever gets good enough to please you, it will look staggeringly good to us!

If you don't have outstanding PQ, you don't need a DVR....just use your old SVHS or whatever recorder you have. It would look the same now coming of the SVIDEO.

I had to vote "other" as well. RSN's are most important to me. In a big sports town like Chicago, they don't stand a chance of converting anyone without carrying the Cubs or the Bulls. I cancelled Dishnetwork at the end of last baseball season (I had V* & E* both- now just V*) thinking there is now way voom won't have my RSN by this baseball season. I am starting to think I was wrong.

The Bulls are heading for the playoffs, and the Cubs, well, are going to be the Cubs.
-It doesn't even need to be in HD- I just don't want to miss any games.
#1 issue with my wife, as well.

-k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)