Dish network has no time for penny-pinching customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is too funny.
Now he only wants High end Customers?
See told yous, He doesn't want you steady paying $50 per month customers.
Lol
But in all seriousness, I find it hilarious that you don't even have to call for a discount, Just try and remove programming of some type, and it automatically given.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
This is too funny.
Now he only wants High end Customers?
See told yous, He doesn't want you steady paying $50 per month customers.
Lol
But in all seriousness, I find it hilarious that you don't even have to call for a discount, Just try and remove programming of some type, and it automatically given.

Lol you like most of us don't fall for what Swanni says. Let me translate. It's people calling 50 times because even after getting a discount they are not paying on time and want more discounts.
He totally is mischaracterizing what DISH is saying now and has said for a few years now. The calling 50 times thing is exactly what I and others posted about in the other thread. Take away some honest complaints, people calling all the time very likely are also not paying on time and in some cases may not have much programming on top of that. If a person with the Welcome package or Family package can afford that and pays generally on time, and isn't calling all the time I have zero doubt DISH wants that customer. Otherwise, DISH would drop those packages.

I rarely complain or call Dish and always pay on time my $127 bill, but if CEO wants only high paying customers, then provide better service and content. With all the money we pay for the unneeded/unwanted channels it would nice to have channels that most people want. Like Disney XD HD. I think it is safe to say the Disney XD HD channel is not coming back to Dish.

I think the quest is for customers who keep current on their accounts, not necessarily for those that drop lots of money.

Rebloggers raise more questions than they answer by misinterpreting/mischaracterizing what someone else reportedly saw or heard.

Reactions: Tampa8

Yeah I decided I was paying to much for premiums and cancelled all of them and the website offered me half off for all of them except for HBO even though it came close to half off. So I trimmed about thirty dollars off of my bill and the only premium I didn't keep was Starz but I get all that content via VOD through DISH through the Platinum/BBMP/BB@H/Whatever it's called Today pack.
I only wish I tried to cancel that Multi-Sports package ...

I'm also thinking about removing KTLA because everything the CW has is offered on Hulu in HD. It's just those last two items other people in the household fight me over...

A sub is a sub especially in the land of cordcutting and in a not so stellar economy. I am sure many are comparing all available options and are looking for the lowest possible for what they want.

here is a article saying charlie ergens telling customers who want to get discounts to "get lost"

http://nypost.com/2015/11/09/dish-network-has-no-time-for-penny-pinching-customers/

Allen bluegras
Not buying it......I just got HBO at half price for life plus 50% off Showtime for 6 months. And they ( I already knew I could get this anyway) An HD upgrade to Hopper and HD free for 'life'...
18 year customer. Never had a contract. Still don't....Declined the hopper....Don't want a contract. IMO month to month customers have leverage. BTW If I call customer service more than once every two years, it's a miracle

Not buying it......I just got HBO at half price for life plus 50% off Showtime for 6 months. And they ( I already knew I could get this anyway) An HD upgrade to Hopper and HD free for 'life'...
18 year customer. Never had a contract. Still don't....Declined the hopper....Don't want a contract. IMO month to month customers have leverage. BTW If I call customer service more than once every two years, it's a miracle

We would not have subbed to HBO for $19/month. We actually gave in to the HBO Special Price for $10/month. My excuse was to give it a try. However, knowing we are getting it at a special price will probably make it more difficult to drop. So, in a way this could work in Dish's favor in getting an extra $10/month from us....I mean for HBO Go and the HBO channels it does not seem like a bad deal......I mean it is $15/month with Sling TV, and I think HBO Now is $14.99/month. However, we have not been watching the channels or HBO Go all that much lately. If it comes to point where we really have to drop it, then we can if it is necessary.

I do not like all those extra fees associated with the Hopper. It is bad enough to pay an extra $14/month just for another Duo receiver. However, even with that said, I still find Dish to be a value (although I do dread the news of yearly increases...I always like when we are not affected).

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts