Dish Network has some very bad offers.

xccell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
You would think by now Dish Network would have some very good offers to get existing customers to upgrade equipment, but lately all I see is unattractive offers like leasing a DVR522 for $198 up front. That offer just makes me wanna jump all over that (NOT). HD equipment and programming with dish is a joke. Now, dish is not the only one with bad deals I checked out Direct tv and they don't really have anything that would ditch dish for. I am happy with my PVR510, but I would really like to upgrade my 301 for another PVR and get HD for my big screen, but right now no one has anything worth going after. What do you guys think?

I thought during the month of February they were upgrading customers with 522's for a good price, like 50 bucks or something? it was just a feb promo, but i know i swapped quite a few single tuners for 522's that month. I was really suprised i didn't swap more. the promo wasn't very well advertised.

You were lucky to get the $50 promo fee. Most people wind up paying $149.

I tried to get the $50 fee to trade in my 811, but they wouldn't budge. So, talked to them about getting another DVR receiver and was told that I could get the 508 for no cost, or the 510 for no cost but would have to pay that silly monthly $4.98 VOD fee. I told them to send me the 508. He said that I should expect to see the 508 in a few days from UPS.

That was last Thursday. I got the new remote yesterday. I hope the receiver comes today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts