Dish Network - HD Channel List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
HD Pack ($9.99/mo):
9420 TNT-HD
9421 Discovery-HD
9422 HD-Net
9423 HD-Net Movies
9424 ESPN-HD

Notes:
Free for the first 6 months for new first time Dish subscibers
$4.99/mo for first 12 months for first time HD subscribers, exisiting dish subscribers

Voom HD Pack ($5/mo):
9470 Rave-HD
9471 Equator-HD
9472 Gallery-HD
9474 Animania-HD
9476 Rush-HD
9478 Ultra-HD
9479 GuyTV-HD
9480 Majestic-HD
9481 Monsters-HD
9482 HDNews-HD

Note: Requires HD Pack and a second Dish pointing at 61.5

Other HD Channels:
9443 HD-Demo (61.5)
9456 HBO-HD (Requires HBO)
9460 SHO-HD (Requires SHO)
9465 HDEV
9466 NBA-HD
9467 PPV-HD ($5.99 per showing)
9483 CBS-HD East (61.5)
9484 CBS-HD West (148)

Can someone sticky this or point me to a sticky that has this info easily available.

not to be rude, but just curious, if you posted it and know it, why do you need it stickied? i guess it would be a good resource for others.

MNHTUG said:
HD Pack ($9.99/mo):
9420 TNT-HD
9421 Discovery-HD
9422 HD-Net
9423 HD-Net Movies
9424 ESPN-HD

Notes:
Free for the first 6 months for new first time Dish subscibers
$4.99/mo for first 12 months for first time HD subscribers, exisiting dish subscribers

Voom HD Pack ($5/mo):
9470 Rave-HD
9471 Equator-HD
9472 Gallery-HD
9474 Animania-HD
9476 Rush-HD
9478 Ultra-HD
9479 GuyTV-HD
9480 Majestic-HD
9481 Monsters-HD
9482 HDNews-HD

Note: Requires HD Pack and a second Dish pointing at 61.5

Other HD Channels:
9443 HD-Demo (61.5)
9456 HBO-HD (Requires HBO)
9460 SHO-HD (Requires SHO)
9465 HDEV
9466 NBA-HD
9467 PPV-HD ($5.99 per showing)
9483 CBS-HD East (61.5)
9484 CBS-HD West (148)

Can someone sticky this or point me to a sticky that has this info easily available.

148 also has HBO and SHO in HD..

And, I think HDPPV is still on 148, too.

But I'll bet NOT for much longer. ;)

I'm hoping to see the V* pack on 148 SOON. REAL soon! Probably won't, tho. :(

I'm bringing home the portable dish from the shop tomorrow in hopes of finding LOS to 61.5. It ain't gonna be easy for me.

Dish customer@%$*& service

I had cable (Time Warner) at the door when I called Dish. Girl said they could install in 2 days. I sent the cable guy packing and then the girl says it will be 4 days. OK I seethed. Today I got a call from Dish saying it would be 10 days before install. Talk about bait and switch. TW's picture/sound may suck but they at least do what they say they will. I plan on putting together a website that tracks Dishes customer service. Perhaps this forum could do something like that.
jokun

jokun, you can start with me. I've been a Dish sub since Feb 96 and have never had a no-show, a cancellation, a reschedule, a problem with billing. My record with customer service has been nothing but excellent, so put that in your spreadsheet and smoke it.

jokun said:
I had cable (Time Warner) at the door when I called Dish. Girl said they could install in 2 days. I sent the cable guy packing and then the girl says it will be 4 days. OK I seethed. Today I got a call from Dish saying it would be 10 days before install. Talk about bait and switch. TW's picture/sound may suck but they at least do what they say they will. I plan on putting together a website that tracks Dishes customer service. Perhaps this forum could do something like that.
jokun

They (TWC) do suck: I just got installed last week - it's a piece of crap, especially in SD.

I'm planning to reduce TWCNYC to its standard package ($40) plus HD Pack (to try this InHD stuff and have a FW-enabled 2nd STB) with HDDVR for my wife ($15) and get a' la carte (w/ my own equipment) Dish: all HD for $20 per month, making my total bill down to $75...
Perhaps I'll add Dish Mega Movie Pack as well - that's another $37, so then it'd be still ~$112, very similar to my old Voom bill...

PS: I just figured some ways to lower my cable part, so I'll be under $100, yippie...

jokun, you can start with me. I've been a Dish sub since Feb 96 and have never had a no-show, a cancellation, a reschedule, a problem with billing. My record with customer service has been nothing but excellent, so put that in your spreadsheet and smoke it.

That's great but there are tons of websites devoted to Dish Sucks. I hope someone else will run with the Voom channels. Dish was dishonest to me and I hear it is a pattern. If Voom's 21 is offered anywhere else then I am there.

My customer service experiences with VOOM were always outstanding.

I've had Dish for 5 years and their customer service record with me has been like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad. Sometimes ugly.

Trying to add the VOOM channels and HD equipment to my existing SD Dish install was a nightmare.

I learned an important lesson.

If you are an EXISTING DISH CUSTOMER do not even deal with their regular CSR staff. On the phone menu tree, choose "Technical Support". You'll get to someone much more knowledgeable who will understand your situation better and who can also order up your programming or hardware installs as needed.

I spoke to four different regular CSRs over two days and got nowhere. Even their "supervisors" were clueless. By the way, I never lost my cool and was very nice and sweet with everyone. I wasted nearly two and one half hours of my life with these yahoos.

They will come on Saturday and install a new 811 in conjunction with my existing 501 SD-DVR so I can use both on the same TV, and install a second Dish for the VOOM channels. All on the same work order. Once hardware is installed, I just have to call to add-on the VOOM component as for some reason they couldn't get it on the workorder with the regular HD pack. Total cost to me is $199 with one-year commitment to Top 60 pak or better (I have the 120 pak, so I'm fine) and an extra $15/month ($5 HD for one year + $5 VOOM10 + $5 for 811). And, I keep the SD-DVR and can switch back and forth at will between 811 or watch both with split screen or record SD channel while watching a HD channel. I just can't record HD yet -- when 12-month commitment is up next May I'll upgrade to whatever MPEG4 HD-DVR they have at that time.

Not a bad deal for all that hardware and the labor to install and configure it properly on my two-story home.

David Dietzel said:
I spoke to four different regular CSRs over two days and got nowhere. Even their "supervisors" were clueless. By the way, I never lost my cool and was very nice and sweet with everyone. I wasted nearly two and one half hours of my life with these yahoos.

Yeah most of the regular CSRs and supervisors are clueless. E* should be paying us instead, we spend a majority of the time undoing the damage their CSRs cause. :cool:

NightRyder

RUBEN SENDEREY said:
9484 CBSHD NOT SHOWING IN MY MENU :no
HELP

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but are you eligible for, and subscribed to that channel? If not, it will not show in the guide.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts