Dish Network hiring process/ time frame

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

addie_goodvibes

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Earlier this month applied to Dish Network (Satellite TV technician/installer), I had a phone interview & about a week later & then a face to face interview.
The interview went well as far as i could determine. I was given a paper that said.. para phrasing:

" Congrats for making it to the next step in Dish Network recruiting process....In about 1-3 days you will receive an e-mail with instructions on where to complete pre-employment drug screening...In addition we will be using an online reference tool e-mailing you instructions in the next 1-3 days...."

Well my interview was more than 1 week ago, I have not received any e-mails or instructions on taking the drug screening or providing reference info.

I am know my criminal background check will come up clean, I have a clean Motor Vehicle report for the past 3 years. ( 5-7 years back I had some things on my driving record mainly a suspension for a Failure to Appear, no accidents or DUI's. My credit report mauy have some flaws, but nothing major no Bancruptcies....

So My questions is: how long can i expect for this hiring process to take? Is it possible the hiring manager has changed the decision regarding my consideration as a candidate?

This is really bugging me as I feel I interviewed well and am eager for the opportunity to work for DishNetwork.

What do you all reccomened my next course of follow up be? I don't want to be a nuisance, but I am concerned its taking this long.

One of two things more than likely, 1) your not getting the job or 2) they are waiting to get enough new hires together to schedule a training session. They used to have new hire training at local offices, but when they eliminated a lot of trainers they have one central location for specific areas for training. Could be the reason for the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Jimmerinwi said:
One of two things more than likely, 1) your not getting the job or 2) they are waiting to get enough new hires together to schedule a training session. They used to have new hire training at local offices, but when they eliminated a lot of trainers they have one central location for specific areas for training. Could be the reason for the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Most likely #2.

Probably number 2.. My process was over 2 months.. Than all of a sudden.. on a Thursday I was told to show up the following Monday.

Probably number 2.. My process was over 2 months.. Than all of a sudden.. on a Thursday I was told to show up the following Monday.

Hey thanks for the replies, I finally e-mailed the HR rep that did the Phone interview with me. He said he spoke with the Hiring manager and that so far everything looks good on my application. He just urged me to be patient.

I think they should inform us of a more accurate timeline.

patiently & eagerly waiting .

Thanks again for all the responses.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm in the pre hire process. Just did my drug screen and background. I'm on prescription meds that will show up on drug screen and I'm a former cop so my background is great. How long does it usually take after thedrugscredn to find out more about hiring process? I'm really anxious to get this job and was just wondering what someone's thoughts or experience was.

It took me 2 months before I could start, it took my friend 3 days. I was military even, so my background came back great, and I already had a secret security clearance. My friend did not have anything. It all just matters on anything they may find, and who is doing the hiring.

I don't think you'd have to have a "security clearance" to work for Dish :) Guess they have to weed out the AT&T spies, LOL

I don't think you'd have to have a "security clearance" to work for Dish :) Guess they have to weed out the AT&T spies, LOL
Oh no. I was saying that I had that already done, while I was in the Army, and worked for dish almost immediately after getting out of the Army.

Oh no. I was saying that I had that already done, while I was in the Army, and worked for dish almost immediately after getting out of the Army.
How would you Honestly compare the two employers in your personal experience Chad? I'm curious how they stack up.

Comparing Dish and the Army? I would say that both have a lower management issue, while upper management have a tendency to look the other way. Loved my time in the Army, but enough was enough and time to go. Dish, I loved working there so much so that it consumed my personal life as well, and little to my knowledge it caused me so much stress it about put me in the hospital. There are certain expectations that are not always plausible but the chances to bonus and promotions are definitely there. Dealing with some of the management the way I did sort of made me go out drinking every night after work... And that was not cheap. As far as the CS side of working there goes, I honestly have no idea how Dish for ranked worst to work for. Once upon a time there was mandatory overtime but that has been gone now for a few years. Benefit of the doubt was given to the employee on screened calls, and people were rewarded for the simplest things. I have a friend who just won a hammock from Showtime for selling showtime while they were in the office. There is health insurance, and even tuition assistance. There is a giant push for the last 10 years from Charlie himself to change agents schedules and customize them for agents that want to go to school. Charlie was really serious about wanting all his people to be educated.

Funny , you would think that being in the Army would land you in the hospital and not DISH. :D
It did for a little bit there, but I blame the crappy ROE that our country has decided to adopt. Besides that, I have always been in the TV business. From the time I was three fixing remotes in my dads shop, so when I got out I applied at every TV company in the metro area. I was not serious about Dish in particular til after I worked there. Believe it or not, I actually like their competitors too, I just have a familiarity problem.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If you don't get the job, then they may actually be doing you a favor.

I recently received a phone call from a Stacey at dish recruiting. The message was so garbled I could barely hear her and the phone number
call back number was unintelligible. It sounded like 722 514 6145 . I am sure the 514 6145 is correct, but the area code was so garbled I could not
understand it. Anyone know who you would call back for this? They will assume I don't want the work.... but I cant reply to garbled and I don't have caller id.
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)