Dish Network Install-Lots of questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Deuce73

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi, I am new here. Got a lot of ideas about what I want, I just need some intelligent people to tell me if it is feasable.

I have remodeled my house, and have new cable ran to each room in my house and located on the wall height of a Flat Screen in each room. After I had ran this, I started learning my basic cable SD programming would no longer suffice to feed my HD TV's I am going to buy.

In my living room home theatre, I do not have an issue with this. I would like to get a 722 and that will get hooked into my Stereo Receiver. I also have ethernet at this location for the required hook up to communicate to DishNetwork. Then we can run coax to another room from that for the next TV correct?

My issue is with all of the bedrooms, I do not want a satellite box in the rooms, I understand one box feeds two rooms, but can I place three boxes for six rooms in the basement, and run those TV's just from my inwall RG6 using UHF remotes?

There is probably no way to get HD signals to all of the TV's but the one in my Home Theatre hooked up via Component or HDMi from my receiver correct? I am ok with this, I just want a good picture.

If my bedroom TV's have built in HD tuners, can I still get the HD feed to one of the two tv's just using RG6?

Also, if I have ethernet or phone going to one of my 4 boxes, is it necessary to have it to any of the other 3 or will DishNetwork want to charge me for this?

Any help you can provide would be great, sorry it is so long winded. I am just really looking for some input here from an installer instead of the dish network sales that say anything I want is possible to get me to sign.

Do you need to have separate programming available on all the others tv's at the same time?

If not you can run the TV 2 out from the 722 to the other tvs, but they will all have to watch the same channel. You can also modulate TV 1 so you could get a mixture of TV1 and TV2 on the other tv's.

Yes you can use several receivers in one location and send sd video to several rooms via rg-6. The dish dvrs use RF remotes, so just get a couple of extra Dish rf remotes and assign them a different rf channel so they don't interfere with each other.

I have over wired my house with rg6 and cat6 when it was being built, so I distribute component video over both rg6 and cat6 to two other hdtvs. They have to watch the same channels as the main HDTV but it allows me to go to another room and get the HD programming from Dish without get extra receivers that I would only use occasionally.

Thanks osu1991. Lets say I do the setup you are talking about, it sounds good to me. Can I have 5 RF remotes going to the same box? Example, If I were only to use the DVR. I could run my HD feed to the living room tv. Then run all of the other TV's off TV 2. However, use remotes in each room that have the option to control TV2 from that one box. Obviously just watching one channel but the kids can fight over who's turn it is. Kind of like them sharing internet time. Will that work?

It is important to note that fed by coax, All your other TVs will only have SD

Yes... you can put 3 boxes in the basement to feed 6 different TV's. each of which will only receive SD signal if fed by coax. you will also need to purchase three UHF 6.3 remotes to be able to control TV1 with UHF remote.

Another alternative is to put a receiver in each of 3 rooms, and coax the tv 2 out to the other three rooms. then 3 rooms will have HD and 3 will have SD.

I don't know how far your rooms are from each other or your central location, but you may be able to run a component or HDMI cable depending on the length of the run, and have HD to 3 of the rooms.

What you are asking, is doable.... HOWEVER...

Have you ever seen Standard Definition Dish Network on a HDTV LCD/Plasma? Especially when fed through coaxial cable, it looks terrible. Pretty sure you will not be happy with it.... I know I wouldn't after spending all that money.

The other thing is... if you order 722s or 622s.... they do not even have a coaxial out port for TV1....

If you really want to put receivers in the basement, I highly suggest you run YpYbYr cables plus audio cables, or HDMI cables to the TV locations.... or at least S-Video or RCA Composite cables (which would still be Standard Definition, but way better looking than RG6)

Also, for the dual tuner receivers you mentioned.... you don't HAVE to have coax running from the first TV location to the second... as long as both TV locations current coax runs to any common point (basement, attic, ON-Q box, TV can, etc.) they can be connected with Diplexers.

The other thing is... if you order 722s or 622s.... they do not even have a coaxial out port for TV1....
That is incorrect.

TV 1 and TV2 coaxial out are modulated from the single agile output on the back of the 722 and activated via the menu.

The quality of the picture depends on how good the cable is and how long and how many splits.

Parts Express:Channel Plus DA550HHR Video Distribution System

I use one of these for the rf distribution in the house. It allows me to combine the OTA and the rf output of the 722 into a single cable to go to 5 other rooms.

Here are some pics of 2 of my wiring cabinets. sorry they are a little blurry, but I distribute via rf and component video to 2 lcds and 4 tv's total. The main tv is connected via hdmi and I have a component video distribution cabinet in the next closet that sends the component out from the 722 to the other 2 lcds, but all the tv's are also connected via rg6 to the tv1 and tv 2 output of the 722. I normally run it in single mode unless kids or guests are here, then I switch to dual mode and have extra rf remote in each room.

I have been getting some interference from a new radio station the past month so I have used some of the cat 6 to send component video to the lcd in the master bedroom instead of the 5 rg6 cables that are also in the walls.

Wire is cheap to install in new construction so I usually go the overkill route, so I can deliver video by any means I want.

I would probably recommend two dvrs, so you don't have to share a tuner with kids and they would have a couple of tuners to divide time between.

Attachments

• PIC-0001.jpg
    PIC-0001.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 294
  • PIC-0003.jpg
    PIC-0003.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
That is incorrect.

TV 1 and TV2 coaxial out are modulated from the single agile output on the back of the 722 and activated via the menu.

The quality of the picture depends on how good the cable is and how long and how many splits.

Parts Express:Channel Plus DA550HHR Video Distribution System

I use one of these for the rf distribution in the house. It allows me to combine the OTA and the rf output of the 722 into a single cable to go to 5 other rooms.

Here are some pics of 2 of my wiring cabinets. sorry they are a little blurry, but I distribute via rf and component video to 2 lcds and 4 tv's total. The main tv is connected via hdmi and I have a component video distribution cabinet in the next closet that sends the component out from the 722 to the other 2 lcds, but all the tv's are also connected via rg6 to the tv1 and tv 2 output of the 722. I normally run it in single mode unless kids or guests are here, then I switch to dual mode and have extra rf remote in each room.

I have been getting some interference from a new radio station the past month so I have used some of the cat 6 to send component video to the lcd in the master bedroom instead of the 5 rg6 cables that are also in the walls.

Wire is cheap to install in new construction so I usually go the overkill route, so I can deliver video by any means I want.

I would probably recommend two dvrs, so you don't have to share a tuner with kids and they would have a couple of tuners to divide time between.

Ok, allow me to clarify.... 622s, 722s do not have a seperate TV1 coaxial output.... so either way, he would have to run some other type of cable to 1 of the TVs was my point.

Sure, you can get a decent picture through Coax... but from my experience with flat panel TVs... after you've seen HD, or SD through S-Video or even RCA, SD Dish Network through a coax cable to a HDTV does NOT look acceptable (to me, and at least 50% of the people I have installed this setup for). Too much compression combined with the stretched out picture just looks like crap...especially after paying a few thousand bucks for your new TV....

It just needs one cable for the rf out. In the menus you activate TV1 out and TV2 out and assign them each their own TV channel for distribution. All the viewer has to do is change the channel on the TV to view either TV1 or TV2. I usually have TV1 on channel 50 and TV2 on channel 60. If someone wants to watch what is being viewed on tv1 they put the tv on channel 50. If they want to view what is on tv2 they put the tv on channel 60. All from one cable from the back of the 722.

It is not HD as I said earlier but unless it is a really cheap tv or bigger than 32inches then it should be fine for casual viewing.

Hi, I am new here. Got a lot of ideas about what I want, I just need some intelligent people to tell me if it is feasable.

I have remodeled my house, and have new cable ran to each room in my house and located on the wall height of a Flat Screen in each room. After I had ran this, I started learning my basic cable SD programming would no longer suffice to feed my HD TV's I am going to buy.

In my living room home theatre, I do not have an issue with this. I would like to get a 722 and that will get hooked into my Stereo Receiver. I also have ethernet at this location for the required hook up to communicate to DishNetwork. Then we can run coax to another room from that for the next TV correct?

My issue is with all of the bedrooms, I do not want a satellite box in the rooms, I understand one box feeds two rooms, but can I place three boxes for six rooms in the basement, and run those TV's just from my inwall RG6 using UHF remotes?

There is probably no way to get HD signals to all of the TV's but the one in my Home Theatre hooked up via Component or HDMi from my receiver correct? I am ok with this, I just want a good picture.

If my bedroom TV's have built in HD tuners, can I still get the HD feed to one of the two tv's just using RG6?

Also, if I have ethernet or phone going to one of my 4 boxes, is it necessary to have it to any of the other 3 or will DishNetwork want to charge me for this?

Any help you can provide would be great, sorry it is so long winded. I am just really looking for some input here from an installer instead of the dish network sales that say anything I want is possible to get me to sign.

You can get TV mounts that will allow the Satellite receiver to be placed behind the tv on the wall. You don't see the box, and you still can get HD at the tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts