DISH Network is now a proud sponsor of the University of Tennessee Athletics

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Just got this in the mail today. Too bad I'm already a Dish customer. Although i don't think I would want a big orange T on my Dish (even though I'm a fan). Is Dish doing this with any other schools? It probably doesn't hurt that it's Charlie's alma mater either.

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Attachments

• dish_ut.JPG
    dish_ut.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 621
Just got this in the mail today. Too bad I'm already a Dish customer. Although i don't think I would want a big orange T on my Dish (even though I'm a fan). Is Dish doing this with any other schools? It probably doesn't hurt that it's Charlie's alma mater either.

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

I don't think it's a coincidence that us DNS Techs have to drive around in those ugly-ass orange and white vans.

Thank God someone got the color scheme on the newer vans changed to red and black and looks pretty good.

I noticed that when you visit DISH Network there is a form to receive a $50 Pilot gas card. It doesn't give any disclaimers saying that you had to originally sign up through UT.

Step 1
Sign up and activate qualifying new DISH Network service between 4/19/08 and 7/12/08.

Step 2
Fill in the form below, using information associated with your DISH Network account.

Step 3
Get your Gift Card in the mail 8-10 weeks after your account is verified.

I signed up tonight, so I'm going to try for the free gas card!

They were actually a scoreboard sponsor last football season as well. Additionally, they had people wandering around giving out dish covers to people tailgating last year. I got a great 1000.2 TN skin for mine for free last year. I just hope Charlie stops to say hello at my tailgate when he is in town for a game. He is also a great supporter of the UT Business school and has at least one major scholarship named after him in the school of business. As someone who got both an undergraduate and a graduate degree from TN I really respect his support.

That's a great marketing tool. I'd love to have the UK (Kentucky) Wildcat logo on my dish. Then we could drive around our neighborhood counting the Wilcat logos vs. Louisville Cardinal logos. This steel gray stuff is for the blahs--unless you went to West Point.

Fitzie

I want a Fighting Irish skin cover; not just the ND, but the actual Leprechaun. . . and before anyone makes fun of me, ND is changing their schedule this year to accommodate 5 wins!!! GO ND!!!

Just a follow-up: I received my $50 Pilot Gas Card today in the mail.

Thanks all of you UT fans for getting this Gamecock $50 in free gas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts