Dish Network is pissing me off......badly.

Not a thing

you must believe my negative posts are hurting the company or the stock. but do note others are unhappy too.

I really don't think your b*ing has done a thing except incite others to do the same. It is getting really old. Beating a dead horse so to speak. I really don't think anyone cares what you B* about anymore. They know you as Mr. Doom & Gloom now a days and just so it's ol Bob.

whatchel1 said:
I really don't think your b*ing has done a thing except incite others to do the same. It is getting really old. Beating a dead horse so to speak. I really don't think anyone cares what you B* about anymore. They know you as Mr. Doom & Gloom now a days and just so it's ol Bob.

I wish Scott would make Bob his own forum, so all that negativity could stay out of this one. You shouldn't allow folks to constantly bash Dish for the same thing over and over again in this forum... We get it already.

Great Idea

I wish Scott would make Bob his own forum, so all that negativity could stay out of this one. You shouldn't allow folks to constantly bash Dish for the same thing over and over again in this forum... We get it already.

That is a great idea and it could be called if it Bob it's down. Or Mr. Doom has his own thread. Or maybe You just thought that the night was dark now here's Bob. Heck lets has a contest putting a name to the Bob forum. :D

Hallers House of Hell

Dish doom from the house of haller

Dish hath no fury like a haller scorned

Giving you dish doom and gloom one 17 dollar additional receiver fee at a time.... It's the bob haller podcast.

Obviously you dont get it:(

If subs accept such fees, then NEXT it will be you!

Hey D subs you looking forward to this?

Thats why I am so upset. Along with the fact Scott reassured everyone E only raises once a year this is it they are done. Yet 3 months later theres another increase:(

Hey E could move the industry to 4 increases a year? Is that what you want? D FIOS and cable too:) all in a preptual greedy move to raise prices..........

D subs are you looking forward to this??

My #@$(& goes far beyond ME, since I still have choices:)

But once E gets this ball rolling its going to hit EVERYONE:(

Obviously you dont get it:(

If subs accept such fees, then NEXT it will be you!

Hey D subs you looking forward to this?

Thats why I am so upset. Along with the fact Scott reassured everyone E only raises once a year this is it they are done. Yet 3 months later theres another increase:(

Hey E could move the industry to 4 increases a year? Is that what you want? D FIOS and cable too:) all in a preptual greedy move to raise prices..........

D subs are you looking forward to this??

My #@$(& goes far beyond ME, since I still have choices:)

But once E gets this ball rolling its going to hit EVERYONE:(

And if Charlie does go to four increases per year, do you honestly believe the griping you or any other subs do will stop him? I mean you may, but that doesn't sound very Charlie'ish to me.

And if Charlie does go to four increases per year, do you honestly believe the griping you or any other subs do will stop him? I mean you may, but that doesn't sound very Charlie'ish to me.

no it wouldnt help UNLESS E sees churn as its new latest killer problem:)

If churn fails to increase all providers will be doing the same thing:(

The only limiting factor is internet streaming of tv.

which could ultimately make pay tv go the way of the home phone business...

My theory this is why chuck is going to cash out of his business..........

I didn't read all seven pages.

I just wanted to relay my story.

About two years ago I got my first DVD, a 625.

Less than a year later, one of my kids 311s died.

I called tech support. While I was on hold I thought about asking what I could do to replace the two 311s instead of trying to fix the bad 311 by unplugging it 3 or 4 times.

The tech support guy asked if I wanted a 722k and HD.

I said sure, as long as it's free. Free install and free equipment. He said "no problem."

Again, it was less than a year since I got my 625. I'm not sure why they are playing hardball now.

Another quick story. A co-worker had D* and needed the dish re-aligned. They wanted $50. He said no an swiched to E* for free. So it's not just E* that does this stupid stuff....

This is the exact reason I have churned my account 6 times in the last 10 years. New customer always gets the best deal. I just use a different name to activate each time. As long as the last name is different it looks like a new person has moved into the house. Just did it 2 weeks ago to get my 922. It's sad that they make me have to do this, but now I get the $15 off for a year (which you don't if you just do the upgrade) plus the newest and latest gear each time.

They should do the same for an exsisting customer thats out of cantract as they would for a new one. Until they do, I will continue to flop my account every 2 years.

Last edited:
This is the exact reason I have churned my account 6 times in the last 10 years. New customer always gets the best deal. I just use a different name to activate each time. As long as the last name is different it looks like a new person has moved into the house. Just did it 2 weeks ago to get my 922. It's sad that they make me have to do this, but now I get the $15 off for a year (which you don't if you just do the upgrade) plus the newest and latest gear each time.

They should do the same for an exsisting customer thats out of cantract as they would for a new one. Until they do, I will continue to flop my account every 2 years.

I don't see how this is possible given the credit checking E* does for each account? How do you get out of your 24 month commitments without paying the ETFs?

I don't see how this is possible given the credit checking E* does for each account? How do you get out of your 24 month commitments without paying the ETFs?

I am curious as well. As far as I know, both of these companies check credit now. Hard to see how the poster does this. Not to mention the fact that it helps (if more do this) drive prices up in everyone else.

I am curious as well. As far as I know, both of these companies check credit now. Hard to see how the poster does this. Not to mention the fact that it helps (if more do this) drive prices up in everyone else.

Indeed...on all counts.

Sorry this will be long, but I have to vent. I am very upset with Dish Network. I have been a loyal customer of Dish for almost 4 years, 2 of which I was out of contract. I loved the service, and the equipment.....never had a problem or complaint until now. I had a dual tuner standard definition DVR that controlled both my TV's. About 3 weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to inherit a 60" HDTV. I was very excited! As soon as I got it all hooked up, I called Dish to have my service upgraded to HD service. I spoke to them and requested an equipment upgrade to the VIP 722 HD dual tuner DVR. The rep that I spoke to told me that I was not eligible for an upgrade at this time, and that if I wanted to upgrade to HD service I would have to purchase the new reciever for $460 bucks, plus pay for installation!:eek: At this point, I got very disappointed. I called back Dish for about a week, speaking to several different CSR reps and they all told me the same thing. I don't know about you guys, but there is no way that I was going to pay that to upgrade to HD. I get offers all the time in the mail from DirecTV. I called them up and told them what I wanted. They were MORE than happy to offer their services installed FOR FREE, plus take 30 bucks off my bill for 12 months, plus give me free Showtime and STARS for 3 months. I then made one final phone call to DISH. I explained that I was a loyal Dish customer, and that I wanted nothing more that to stay with them. I made them aware of the offer that DirecTV made. They transferred me to a customer loyalty rep who again explained to me that there was nothing more they could offer me. I was pissed. I then hung up and called back DirecTV. I ordered there service reluctantly and canceled my beloved Dish Network service. Fast forward 2 weeks later. I now have the DirecTV installed at my home. I don't really like it and I think that the Dish Network has a superior service and equipment, but I would keep it rather than come out of pocket $500 bucks. This is the kicker here...........yesterday I got a letter in the mail from Dish Network. I opened it up and inside was a snazzy looking letter that says "We're willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING...TO GET YOU BACK! WE BELONG TOGETHER, AND WE WANT TO PROVE OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU. please let us know what we can do to make your experience right with DISH Network!" The offer included a free DVR upgrade (which I already had), HBO & showtime free for 3 months, and some free PPV. I immediately got pretty mad, because I want nothing more than to have Dish Network in my home, infact, what idiot calls a company and begs and pleads for a week to keep their service? Me, thats who. Anyway, There is a phone number to call and a promotion code. I called the number and spoke to someone regarding the letter. I explained why I left Dish Network and they then transferred me to customer loyalty. I spoke to another rep, and I explained my predicament again, and added that in order to come back to dish, I would have to call up DirecTV and battle with them to get out of the 2 year contract that I just agreed to and also further inconvenience myself to have dish come back to my house and re-install all their crap. I then told them that I would happy to jump through those hoops in order to get Dish Network back but this is what they had to do (the letter said very plainly PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO TO MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE RIGHT WITH DISH NETWORK)

1. I want to be upgraded to HD service like wanted in the first place
2. I want to be upgraded to the new 922 reciever, plus get another standard
def box for my other TV FREE OF CHARGE.

They told me no. They would honor the free DVR upgrade only. I ALREADY HAVE A DVR YOU IDIOTS!!!!! They then said that they would go ahead and upgrade me to the 722 receiver that I wanted in the first place, but THAT IS ALL I WANTED BEFORE I WENT THROUGH ALL THIS CRAP! They are offering me nothing for my wasted time and inconvenience. I feel that they atleast owe me the 922 upgrade just for making me jump through all these hoops and to earn my business back. What do you guys think? Sorry about the length of this rant. Looks like I am stuck with DirecTV.

You have a legitimate beef.
DO this: stay with Directv. Give it time. You'll get used to it.

REALLY!!!! It is just bad business. Why the hell do they offer free stuff to a new sub, but they won't give it up to keep AN ESTABLISHED CUSTOMER THAT IS OUT OF CONTRACT AND CAN LEAVE ANY TIME!!! This just doesn't make good business sense at all. I am really mad. All I want is my Dish Network back, but principle is stopping me.

Most companies operate that way. It is much costlier to get new business, so new customers get all the goodies.
IMO ,it's backwards thinking. I believe it is more important ot keep established customers happy.
However, existing customers are looked up with a general contempt because they are the ones who call and clog up phone banks with complaints. New customers don't do that.
In a somewhat related issue that may identify to what I refer.
A couple of years ago, Spint mobile cancelled certain customers because as the company explained, "complained too much".

nothing bad in my history with DISH. I always paid my bill on time. And I don't just expect a company to hand over new tech to existing customers all the time, but when I request to pay MORE money to a company and need new equipment in order to do so, I expect some help. What I don't appreciate is when they only offer me what I wanted in the first place AFTER it was too late.
If you are not auto pay and you subscibe to lower tier programming, Dish will limit the goodies to existing customers.
If you have been late JUST ONCE on a payment or have had lates on credit cards or other recurring payments, Dish looks upon those in a negative light as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)