Dish Network is pissing me off......badly.

Your last recourse should have been to email your problem to www.ceo@ dishnetwork.com Then if...tore.net/]The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

In our state you have 3 business days to cancel,other states vary.Well now you know,Good Luck!:)
Check that.."Buyer's Remorse" regulations usually apply only to those customers who were solicited.

This is the exact reason I have churned my account 6 times in the last 10 years. New customer always gets the best deal. I just use a different name to activate each time. As long as the last name is different it looks like a new person has moved into the house. Just did it 2 weeks ago to get my 922. It's sad that they make me have to do this, but now I get the $15 off for a year (which you don't if you just do the upgrade) plus the newest and latest gear each time.

They should do the same for an exsisting customer thats out of cantract as they would for a new one. Until they do, I will continue to flop my account every 2 years.
You're the type of customer that ruins it for everyone else. Show us proof that you've churned your account 6 times in the last 10 years. The numbers don't add up. If you can't afford the equipment, then you don't need it. When you buy a car, 2 years down the road, when the newer model is out, do you call the car dealership and demand they give you a new one? Of course you don't!

Hey Bob, when gas prices go up, are you one of the morons that participates in the Gas strike Day? All of the years and its never had an effect.

If Dish wants to quadruple sub prices every 3 months, that's their perrogative. Its your right as a consumer not to pay it. Bitching about it will accomplish absolutely nothing. Dish is in no danger of going bankrupt, being bought out or being abducted by aliens. Charlie is a billionaire. He didnt get there by not being a very smart businessman.

removed the language...lets watch the language

and it is seriously that hard to type out
YOU
ARE
and
YOUR

??
Amen, preach it brother! I for one cannot stand trying to interpret imbiceles who insist on using some combo of phonetics/single letters instead of actual words.

And, if you would be so kind as to go and break the original first post into legible paragraphs I'll go back and read that. This has been an interesting thread but I never completed the original post, made my eyes bleed.

This is the exact reason I have churned my account 6 times in the last 10 years. New customer always gets the best deal. I just use a different name to activate each time. As long as the last name is different it looks like a new person has moved into the house. Just did it 2 weeks ago to get my 922. It's sad that they make me have to do this, but now I get the $15 off for a year (which you don't if you just do the upgrade) plus the newest and latest gear each time.

They should do the same for an exsisting customer thats out of cantract as they would for a new one. Until they do, I will continue to flop my account every 2 years.

and you are part of the reason prices go up. While I do think your post is complete bullsh*t, if it were true, then you are as bad as customers who sign up and never pay their bill...

Hey Bob, when gas prices go up, are you one of the morons that participates in the Gas strike Day? All of the years and its never had an effect.

If Dish wants to quadruple sub prices every 3 months, that's their perrogative. Its your right as a consumer not to pay it. Bitching about it will accomplish absolutely nothing. Dish is in no danger of going bankrupt, being bought out or being abducted by aliens. Charlie is a billionaire. He didnt get there by not being a very smart businessman.

Mark my words I have some insight:) Which has appeared here in the past:)

E will be sold once the tivo suit is settled. Charlies beancounters are currently trying to maximisize revenue before sale.

Only its going to blowup in their face:)

This is more common than people realize. Dish's sales partners will sign you up in a heartbeat in another name for a chance at a sale. If dish wants to stop this they need to start within their own ranks. As far as being right or wrong, my take is if dish didn't want this kind of stuff to happen they would have stopped it by now starting with a little house cleaning of their own.

I keep reading about how the new customer gets the best deal and how some people 'churn' their accounts to get the best promotion. If anyone would take the time to read the terms of the DHA 24 promotion, it specifically states the that prior customers in good standing who have not had service in the last 90 days qualify for the full DHA 24 promotion. What more do you want? Drop your service for 90 days and re-sign up. It's that simple.

Subscriber Eligibility: Services and equipment must be ordered, installed and activated between and including February 1, 2010
and May 31, 2010. Only 1 participant per household. This offer may not be combined with any other offer. This offer is limited
to: (A) new, first-time residential DISH subscribers; and (B) former DISH subscribers who (1) previously maintained an active
DISH account in good standing for at least 6 consecutive months; (2) voluntarily disconnected all prior DISH accounts; (3) paid
all balances owing under their prior DISH account(s) in full; and (4) have not received any DISH service during the 3-month
period prior to activation under this promotion (“Former DISH Subscribers”). No new, first-time residential DISH subscriber or
Former DISH Subscriber shall be eligible for this promotion unless such subscriber: (a) resides in the continental United States,
Hawaii or certain areas in Alaska; (b) provides DISH with a social security number and a valid major credit card or debit/check
card number, each issued to the customer who signs this Agreement; and (c) receives credit approval. If you reside in Alaska, you
represent that you have confirmed that your residence is eligible for this promotion. DISH will determine eligibility and may deny
eligibility for any reason.
Ed

I have never seen that "Former DISH Subscribers" language in the promotions before. Something new I guess?

they have pretty much used up all the brand new customers, so recycling has begun.

but then why poision the well charging for leased return boxes?

Sprint has changed this in the last couple of years. A year after I bought my Touch Diamond I got mail and stuff from them that I could upgrade with new customer pricing. Of course you have to sign a new 2 year contract, but that is fine with me. I still have my diamond since I like it, but since I already am upgrade eligible I might get the EVO which will be the same price as if I was a new customer instead of waiting until October where I might be tempted to go over to Tmobile and get the HD2, kind of used to Windows. The point is sprint most likely will keep me as a customer because of this, Dish could learn a lesson. Before anyone starts on me, I am not expecting anything from dish, I have only been with them for 6 months and i am very happy. Just saying they should treat long time customers a little better :)

Not to go to far OT, but T-Mobile has been very good to my wife and me because of our length of time with them. When we want to upgrade our phones they always work with us and they tell us it's because of us being long time customers. Last year T-mobile let me upgrade both of our phones, no charge, free shipping. We had to upgrade our contract for another 2 years, but since T-mobile improved their customer service a few years back, I don't have any reason to change providers.

I would think that keeping your subscribers from leaving would be #1 with E* & D*. I can't believe that keeping an average subscriber is more costly than a new subscriber set up. Yes, every company needs new customers to grow, but if you're losing your previous customers how can you come out ahead?
Ghpr13:confused:

Maybe E should raise the return fee for leased boxes to 500 bucks to help retention? people couldnt afford to cancel:)

I am just joking:)

note my funny smiley:)

Simple the customer is LEAVING. Why should E* pay for the shipping?

because E OWNS the box and charging for its return will likely leave the departing customer mad about the charge and thus less likely to EVER become a sub again........

Is that what E wants?

Rare

because E OWNS the box and charging for its return will likely leave the departing customer mad about the charge and thus less likely to EVER become a sub again........

Is that what E wants?

I really think that once a person leaves a company's service that they only rarely go back to them again. Examples: my bro used to be w/ D*. He was good customer but when he wanted HD they were going to really stick it to him. He now is an E* customer. They gave him a better deal. There are differences w/ the 722k he had as we know some s/w issues but he does have a bad taste in his mouth from D* and doesn't want to go back. I'm that way on cell phones. I used to work for AT&T. Had such a bad taste in my mouth when leaving (wasn't fired became ill) that to get me to use 1 of their systems they would have to give it to me free & pay for the service before I would go w/ them again. I just have a feeling that you won't be back to E* so even if they were to give you free shipping labels it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Not to go to far OT, but T-Mobile has been very good to my wife and me because of our length of time with them. When we want to upgrade our phones they always work with us and they tell us it's because of us being long time customers. Last year T-mobile let me upgrade both of our phones, no charge, free shipping. We had to upgrade our contract for another 2 years, but since T-mobile improved their customer service a few years back, I don't have any reason to change providers.

I would think that keeping your subscribers from leaving would be #1 with E* & D*. I can't believe that keeping an average subscriber is more costly than a new subscriber set up. Yes, every company needs new customers to grow, but if you're losing your previous customers how can you come out ahead?
Ghpr13:confused:

TMobile is great. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts