Dish Network Launches Nesn Hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No Red Sox Games in HD Guide

I checked for the next week and there are no Red Sox games in the HD guide even though there are some replays and the the pre season games on sd they are not in HD. Lets hope that it is an error in the guide.

JC:confused:

I checked for the next week and there are no Red Sox games in the HD guide even though there are some replays and the the pre season games on sd they are not in HD. Lets hope that it is an error in the guide.

JC:confused:

I noticed that too and started thinking this whole thing was too good to be true. Somehow I am getting the feeling they won't be showing ALL of the Red Sox games. Maybe we will only see the home games in HD. I really hope that's not the case!

At 7PM Exactly NESN HD flipped on, of course missing the entire pre game show. But NESN HD does look good. :)

They did show the presentation of the 7th player award. The feed also was quick to cut off as soon as the game was over.

The picture quality was great though. I was switching back n forth between the Bruins and the NCAA's. Dish's NESN-HD feed looked better to me than my Comcast's clear QAM CBS-HD feed.

The press release says...

What it does not say is... Unfortunately Dish Network will only show the games in HD and none of the in studio HD content that airs on NESN HD.

A lot of NESN content on DirecTV is blacked out for out-of-market viewers. I was getting The Globe 10.0 but that is now being blacked out (I don't live in New England). It's a crying shame!

I'm not seeing NESN (either 434 or 5434) in my channel list. I subscribe to the Top 200, have a 722 receiver, pointing to 110, 119, & 129. Dish's web site says it's available on 119 but the uplink report only says EchoStar3 61.5W. Do I need another dish and point it at 61.5?
Also- I haven't added locals yet but I'm planning on it when they add HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts