Dish Network Line of Signal

We tried to get DirecTV but the installer said he could not get a good enough L.O.S.

Is there any chance Dish Network would be any different?

Some dealers might do a Eastern Arc setup...depending on your locals. Those angles are much different than the DishNetwork ones. Call Claude at Dishstore.net and tell him your story. BTW..it is a sponsor of this site.

This is what I get for his zip code:

[SIZE=+1]Closest Records to: Candler, NC[/SIZE]
1 Records Found (displaying 1 to 1)

EASTERN ARC DMA, DISH 1000.4 and MPEG 4 Equipment Only.
Greenville et al SC-NC, 28715

I had DirecTV out to attempt an install at my new house first, and the installer would not put a new HD dish where there was an existing 3 LNB dish in the yard, saying there were too many trees and he'd have to put it on top of the house which would involve cutting down at least one tree. The Dish installer had no such problems, put up a 1000.2 right behind the DirecTV dish, and while my signal strength on 129 is not great, I've only lost signal during one severe storm so far.

Last edited:
I had DirecTV out to attempt an install at my new house first, and the installer would not put a new HD dish where there was an existing 3 LNB dish in the yard, saying there were too many trees and he'd have to put it on top of the house which would involve cutting down at least one tree. The Dish installer had no such problems, put up a 1000.4 right behind the DirecTV dish, and while my signal strength on 129 is not great, I've only lost signal during one severe storm so far.

1000.4 is for the EA setup with 61.5/72.7/77 not 129. You probably have a 1000.2. What kind of signals do you get on 129 (national TP's 17-32)?

Is there any chance Dish Network would be any different?
DISH Network gives most locations two different looks so your chances are probably better than with DIRECTV.

If you're buried in trees or tall structures, you're probably not a candidate for satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts