Dish Network Mast Size?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just a quick question, I want to confirm that Dish Network Dish 1000's (like the Dish 500) can ba mounted on a 2" pole? I might put one in the ground for my upgrade, but want to make sure of the size. Thanks :)

yes that should work. I think Dish uses a 1 5/8" mast but I dont know if thats inside diameter or outside

Thanks! I am thinking about moving my Dish Net to a different location. I am either going to have the installer put the Dish 1000 on a pole mount, or put my 80cm on a motor in the spot I picked out.

I would use the largest pole that I could find and or afford to put up just in case later on down the road you want to up-grade your dish size?

I have my Primestar Dish retrofitted on a Dish500 mast :)
(can really only get the satellites at my true south due to elevation and the roof but it works) :)

Dish uses 1 5/8" outside diameter

A 1 5/8" fence post works well for me, but if you really want to be future-proof you could put up a really sturdy, really big pole and then use a pole to pole mounting kit to attach the correct post size for your dish to the heavy duty, grounded, "master pole". Radidio Hut has the pole to pole mounting kits as does a place called Moyer Electronics. The kits are sometimes called a vent pipe mounting kit and they support up to a 5" OD master pole and pretty much any size dish pole up to 2.5" These are also good mounting kits if you already have a Big Ugly Dish planted in your back yard and you just want any easy way to add an additional small DSS dish.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)