Dreambox 8000 PDF flyer (official - I think)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi Guys,
After hearing about the Lyngbox, I emailed the dreambox guys in Australia, letting them know I'd get a Lyngbox...but would be very sad if I did and they released this mythical Dreambox 8000. So I asked politely what the status was.

They said it was demo'ed at a show in Berlin last week, and that the Engineers say production will begin "Shortly". I can add the actual text of his message if you like.

Btw..this is my first attempt to attach a file. If it doesn't work, I'll try to get it hosted on a server tonight.

-Jerry

Attachments

• flyer8000.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,484
Jerry, the file worked great on this end. That's an impressive box, I hope it's not to far off in our future. Love to have one, but I'd love to have any at this point, with Mpeg4. I didn't notice how big the HDD was. Does anybody know?

Al

dreambox;s other models have ide support but the harddrive isnt included at the factory, you just put whatever size you want in.

is there any mpeg4 fta here in NA ?

I dont beleive ATSC is a form of dvb and therfore I cant see them selling tuners for that. Ive been told that the tuners in the 8000 like the 7025 will be mini-pci and swapable to either dvb-s/c/t just like th 7025

Im looking forward to the release as well but I wouldnt hold your breath, production has been due to start shortly for the last few years hehe. but at least were seeing proto types now.

True FTA HD in North America

PBS HD on AMC3 and Outdoor Channel2 HD on Galaxy10R are two that I am aware of and that work fine on a PCI card based HD capable Satellite tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.