DISH Network May Remove RFD-TV

I've sent emails to Charlie, and Dave Shull and to Dish support. I don't understand why Dish would drop RFD TV. It's not just another movie or sports channel, but a unique lineup of programs that viewers can't get somewhere else. I've been a dish customer ($100 plus a month) for ten years, and I watch RFD TV several times a week and will be VERY disappointed to lose RFD TV for no good reason. And so I have told Dish. Between not getting the new HD channels (110/119 61.5 setup) and this, I am not a happy Dish customer at present. I will call support next week about getting a dish upgrade, since I pay for maintenance and I gather that makes me eligible. Though due to tree situation, I am not sure if it will work for me even if Dish agrees to upgrade me. But if Dish can't give me the new HD channels and I lose RFD tv, I may end up switching to FIOS or something...

Versus the bonehead moves of DIRECTV with respect to Versus and not adding appreciable HD for years at a time?
Once highspeed broadband (video over IP) is widely availble .neither one will have much of a future (once high speed internet is availble over a cellular connection which will take about 10 years or so) LTE is just the first step

I find it a little shocking that Dish wants RFD TV to give them $500,000 for Team Summit. Where does all that money go? The attendies all pay $250 or more to attend the show which is nothing more then a dog and pony show for Dish Network.

This may be a very interesting thing to investigate. How many other providers "donate" and where does all of the money go? :up

Sent an email too. Like watching the Ag Biz shows, Tractors, Trains and RFD-TV Live shows and my dad watches RFD all the time, boy will he be piss'ed if they remove it!

Musher

Send my email request. I'm not a farmer, nor a rancher, not a redneck nor a good ole country boy neither, but I do enjoy some of the classic old country music shows. I would venture to say, there are probably as many Americans who watch this network as there are who care about watching world soccer matches.

This will put my best friend over the edge and cancel for certain its his favorite channel.

E has gotten very greedy, hitting up not just customers but suppliers too:(

Once highspeed broadband (video over IP) is widely availble .neither one will have much of a future (once high speed internet is availble over a cellular connection which will take about 10 years or so) LTE is just the first step

Doubt it. 4G will become just as overcrowded as 3G is now. And who says such high bandwidth IP services will become any cheaper?

Thanks for posting-emails sent. If this happens I will be leaving Dish for sure. Just got HD and have been weighing other options anyway.

If one channel means that much to you, why don't you just get a C-Band dish and get a better quality feed for free? I am not trying to be trite, I am just saying that if all that is keeping you as a Dish Network subscriber is RFD then you are paying waaay to much for TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts