Dish Network Media Center Tuner Coming Soon?

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
From Dish Network Tuner Coming Soon? - Chris Lanier's Blog

It has been a while since we heard about native Dish Network tuners for Media Center, but according to one commenter on my Media Center beta post some e-mails might have gone out about testing such a tuner.

I’ve personally heard nothing about Dish Network tuners, and all that Microsoft has talked about is DIRECTV. Those talks started well over two years ago, so I find it strange that Dish has managed to jump in under the radar.

That said the infrastructure will be in place for Dish Network support. Media Center will officially support DVB-S and DVB-S2, so the only part that it needed would be a tuner that supports Dish Network’s Conditional Access (CA) system.
Published Sunday, April 06, 2008 11:31 PM by chrisl
Filed under: Media Center, Digital Media, DIRECTV/Dish

Been waiting for this for a while now. One less box under my tv would be great. I'd doubt Charlie would let it happen though for fear of not being able to lock down everything on it. Too progressive for Dish Network, I'm afraid.

Actually if E* would upgrade their late 80s/early 90s looking graphics on their DVR, I'd be happy with their Dish DVR.....of course I'd prefer the Vista Media Center Edition b/c that can get Netflix WatchNow movies too, :))

They should team up with the Xbox Media Center guys and let us stream whatever music and movies we want while supporting every codec out there. Now THAT would be nice.

They should team up with the Xbox Media Center guys and let us stream whatever music and movies we want while supporting every codec out there. Now THAT would be nice.

If the rumor rumblings are to be believed, Netflix is in talks with the XBox devision of M$ to offer Watch Now on Live. Which would be super awesome if there is no extra charge for those of us already subscribed to Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)