Updated feature requests for receivers (2008)

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
What new features or people looking for in their Dish receivers ? What about ideas/requests that were mentioned previously but not yet implemented ?

Here's mine (that I can remember at the moment):

• Allow user to set the default timer frequency, i.e. New Episodes, All Episodes, or Once, instead of the current "All"
  • When setting a "Once" timer, after it runs, auto-delete it from the Timer/Events list

I'd love some home-network awareness...ability to view pictures from home computer, play MP3s, etc. Connectivity to Picasa Web albums or Flickr would be even better.

My 722 sets up "all " and only records new shows no repeats( I love that) but I do not have to choose, I would like the auto delete feature. I also notice a lack of "any channel" choice, I need to set up a timer for shows on each of the channels instead of "any time any channel". That being said this DVR still better overall than what I had with TW.

Receivers to talk to each other. Would like to see what my other 622 has recorded on my other tvs.

My 722 sets up "all " and only records new shows no repeats( I love that) but I do not have to choose,
Yes, the default is "All" but it will record repeats once they've been deleted from the hard drive. As long as they're on the drive, the DVR knows not to record them a 2nd time.
I also notice a lack of "any channel" choice, I need to set up a timer for shows on each of the channels instead of "any time any channel".
Use "Dish Pass". It will do what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)