Updated feature requests for receivers (2008)

As somebody who has lost recordings and timers due to a failed 622 a way to backup at least the timers. Actually just the timers is fine, have had to rebuild them from memory once, i keep movies i want etc archived on the external drive anyway.
More generally: The ability to back up everything (recorded programs, timers, favorites) so that when a receiver is swapped out you can restore the new one to the previous state.

The external hard drive would be a sensible place for the backup. Make it totally automagic both in backing up and restoring.

An "auto archive" function would also be nice. Rather than deleting programs from the internal drive when space is needed for new recordings, the programs could be MOVED to the external.

As others have said, incorporating the content on internal and external drive (both manually moved and automatically archived) into the same browser would make life much nicer too.

Simple, make the receiver a DLNA Server/Client. There are a lot of free servers/clients for Linux around (Mediatomb,TVersity,...). That way you could just connect the receiver to a network and all DNLA clients would be able to play the recordings (PC/XBox/PS3) and the receiver would also be able to play things stored in other DLNA servers (Windows Media player, Linux, Mac).

As I understand it, that's in the pipeline.

Need easier captioning toggle

We need a single button method to turn captioning on and off, such as holding the mute button for 2+ seconds. Or double pressing it. Just be sure that you don't force muting when captioning is enabled. The current method of 7+ keystrokes should be considered an insult akin to putting handicapped parking at the farthest reaches of the parking lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts