Dish Network Multiple Recievers?

rtukani

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
PA
When I upgraded to a new DVR system. They asked me if I wanted to keep my Purchased 222K active for a $7 (I believe) additional cost. I said no since I didn't have a use for it. One of my family members was paying a lot for FIOS and didn't watch 90% of the channels he pays for. Can't I just activate my purchased 222K and split the bill with him? Just wanted to make sure that police won't come to my door :).

Anyway, if that can be possible, what Dish would I have to purchase? I have a Dish 500, but not sure if I can use that. The Dish installer installed a 1000.4 for mine. I have a satellite finder meter thing so I can locate the satellites. I know how to check switch, and i'm planning to use the existing FIOS cabling and run a Coax from the dish to the basement.

While the police won't come to your door Dish will cancel the account for misuse. As what you are proposing is against Terms and conditions.

How would they know if I'm account stacking? Is account stacking illegal?
Its against the terms of conditions... so to Dish it is illegal. Its like anything else, you could possibly get away with it for a bit but eventually you will get caught and whole account cancelled until corrected.

Oh. Guess im not doing that. Since I own the receiver and everything, what's the cheapest plan I can get? I can install the dish myself too. Want to avoid 2-yr contract.

The Dish audit team will eventually call and ask you to read the location ID's from each receiver. If you can't do it in a few minutes time, they will disconnect all receivers except your primary one. If all receivers are connected to the same phone line or internet connection then they won't call. Dish seems to crack down on account stacking which they should. No free rides, pay for separate accounts please.

The Dish audit team will eventually call and ask you to read the location ID's from each receiver. If you can't do it in a few minutes time, they will disconnect all receivers except your primary one. If all receivers are connected to the same phone line or internet connection then they won't call. Dish seems to crack down on account stacking which they should. No free rides, pay for separate accounts please.
Yeah I get that now :).
If I own the receiver AND dish, how much would it cost for Dish America?

Get your relative to sign up as a new customer and refer him so he gets a $50 discount and you get $50 yourself. He will also get new customer discounts for the first year.. Yes he will have a 24 mo. commitment but each month the ETF decreases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts