Dish Network NOT offerring 1080p (Yes they are)

What's the deal with those of us with 622s who never got either of the two 1080p movies? I check daily, and nada yet, and it's been nearly 2 months...

The only movies I've gotten on 501 are SD, and there were about 10 or so movies listed, but now only 2 or 3 SD movies on 501 for me.

What's the deal with those of us with 622s who never got either of the two 1080p movies? I check daily, and nada yet, and it's been nearly 2 months...

The only movies I've gotten on 501 are SD, and there were about 10 or so movies listed, but now only 2 or 3 SD movies on 501 for me.

Same here. I have 2 622's and no 1080p on either.

I only had IAL for two days and was gone before I had a chance to test. I still have not received 10,000 B.C. yet....
I finally received the 1080p 10,000 B.C. yesterday (I check every morning) and this morning it was gone. They can't be selling too many viewings if subs don't have it at all on their receiver, or it's only there for 24 hours.... :confused:

I finally received the 1080p 10,000 B.C. yesterday (I check every morning) and this morning it was gone. They can't be selling too many viewings if subs don't have it at all on their receiver, or it's only there for 24 hours.... :confused:
10kBC was just the September offering. E* may offer another$2.99 special for October given all the problems. If they declare this a sucess and try and push this at $6.99 for sure the interest will plumet.

Not in entirety... I just confirmed with Dish technical support and the only movie they offer in 1080p is "I am Legend." There is no update as to when they will add more. I just had the service installed two weeks ago and feel a little mislead. I'm happy with my service overall but this isn't the best way to start.

I have an Apple TV and will continue to order my PPV through iTunes. Right now there is no reason to spend a premium ($6.99) for Dish PPV or On Demand movies. You're not getting anything of value in return.
All I have to say is Dish Network is absolutely one of the WORST companies I've yet to deal with in all my time here on Earth. This 1080p crap they are talking about is an absolute joke. I nominate ANYONE to go through the trials and tribulations I went through just trying to find out why my 1080p on demand movies ARE NOT AVAILIBLE. Try 23 phone calls with tech support, each lasting over a half hour. Spoke with the corporate headquarters, went through their entire support staff (not a ONE had any clue what they were tech supporting)... I had to educate about 90% of their people what 1080p is and how it differs than that of their standard 1080i broadcasting. I have been installed for OVER A MONTH and I to this day STILL DO NOT HAVE my 1080p on demand content (even if it is just one movie available, I do not have it). So after a mere 24 hours of pure phone calls (thats literal, not exagerated), I still to this day have no possible way of accessing my 1080p content, nore has ANYONE given me any proper advice/feedback to solve the problem. This is the most mind blowing, shocking experience i've ever come across in the tech support/customer service arena. I nominate ANYONE in this entire forum to attempt a tech support phone call emulating the same issue i'm having (NO 1080P content) and see what happens... you will be amazed.

All I have to say is Dish Network is absolutely one of the WORST companies I've yet to deal with in all my time here on Earth. This 1080p crap they are talking about is an absolute joke. I nominate ANYONE to go through the trials and tribulations I went through just trying to find out why my 1080p on demand movies ARE NOT AVAILIBLE. Try 23 phone calls with tech support, each lasting over a half hour. Spoke with the corporate headquarters, went through their entire support staff (not a ONE had any clue what they were tech supporting)... I had to educate about 90% of their people what 1080p is and how it differs than that of their standard 1080i broadcasting. I have been installed for OVER A MONTH and I to this day STILL DO NOT HAVE my 1080p on demand content (even if it is just one movie available, I do not have it). So after a mere 24 hours of pure phone calls (thats literal, not exagerated), I still to this day have no possible way of accessing my 1080p content, nore has ANYONE given me any proper advice/feedback to solve the problem. This is the most mind blowing, shocking experience i've ever come across in the tech support/customer service arena. I nominate ANYONE in this entire forum to attempt a tech support phone call emulating the same issue i'm having (NO 1080P content) and see what happens... you will be amazed.
interesting first post... :confused:

After 2 months of trying to watch 1080p movie fron E*, I was told to call SHARP for a fix on my equipment. SHARP informed me that the two signal versions E* is broadcasting is incompatible with SHARP's equipment. So until and if E* can get it together 1080p will not be an option for me.

On the other hand the two movies were on 501 for me only one week each.

What is the brand and model number of your TV?:D

...This is the most mind blowing, shocking experience i've ever come across in the tech support/customer service arena. I nominate ANYONE in this entire forum to attempt a tech support phone call emulating the same issue i'm having (NO 1080P content) and see what happens... you will be amazed.

I nominate this for the forum hyperventilation award for 2008.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts