Dish Network: Poor video quality using coax cable. Dish techs at a loss!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Vizio tuner issue suggestion

I happened to notice an earlier post, but it may not be too low a signal, could be that it is too high & overloading the tuner. TV2 out is sometimes used for more than one set using splitters that drop the signal. The output may be high to compensate for this.

Also, how do we know how well the NTSC tuners are now that manufacturers are using? They may just be "good enough" to qualify as a tuner & the manufacturers are putting the quality components & more attention to the ATSC tuners since the switchover...

Just a thought or 2...

I bet you are right on the Vizio tuner issue. Vizio tuners are not very good and there are a lot of issues posted on the internet for problems with the Vizio sets. I wonder if the Vizio tuners are having problems handling MPEG4 compression?

IMO, I think the OP should test the satellite receiver on a different brand TV and see if the problem clears up.

There was one post that mentioned running it through a VCR and the problem cleared up. That is probably due to the VCR having it's own tuner that works fine with the SAT signal.

I would contact Vizio support and see if they have a firmware fix or can offer some assistance.

No MPEG 4

I bet you are right on the Vizio tuner issue. Vizio tuners are not very good and there are a lot of issues posted on the internet for problems with the Vizio sets. I wonder if the Vizio tuners are having problems handling MPEG4 compression?

IMO, I think the OP should test the satellite receiver on a different brand TV and see if the problem clears up.

There was one post that mentioned running it through a VCR and the problem cleared up. That is probably due to the VCR having it's own tuner that works fine with the SAT signal.

I would contact Vizio support and see if they have a firmware fix or can offer some assistance.
The VIZIO tuner will not be seeing MPEG4. Nothing will be sent to the tuner that would be MPEG4 Only will see MPEG 2 or NTSC that is all that is used for OTA which is what the tuner is set up to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)