Dish Network Pre Paid service and 311 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

britgent

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi all I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Dish Network pre paid service.

I have been given 2 * echostar 311 receiver, dish network 500 dish and a digital dish lnbf quad (has 2 * TM119W and 2 * TM110W connectors).

Not sure where it came from, I have temporary set 1 system up and all is working i.e. I can get the Nasa channel and shows 120 signal.

If I buy a prepaid card will it work on this setup. I would like to evaluate dish network as I have seen direct tv service. (I know the prepaid card will be a cut down version of the service).

Does the pre paid card get locked to a receiver, or say can I set up both receivers and when we change rooms say switch the card over.

Do I have to do any thing special to set this system up, or if i have missed something could some one shed some light.

I am learning about the networks as I am from the UK and still dont know what receiver I would like to buy or network to go for so I thought a trial would be good.

Thanks

Brit

prepaid receiver is a spatial type receiver, not just any box you can activate the once you have just don't get any contracts that way you can cancel when you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts