Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK TO INCREASE RATES APPROXIMATELY 3 PERCENT ANNUALIZED AND IMPLEMENT TWO-YEAR PRICE FREEZE

Offers Premium Movie Channels Free For One Year in Celebration of 30th Anniversary as Pioneer in Satellite TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 3, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. today announced that it is raising prices $3 to $5 per month on most programming packages starting in February 2011. DISH Network is then freezing prices on its primary programming packages through January 2013, becoming the only major satellite or cable company in America to announce a two-year price freeze.

As a result, the typical DISH Network customer will receive approximately a 3 percent annualized rate increase during that period. DISH Network is not raising prices on equipment fees or premium programming.

Also, in honor of the company’s 30th anniversary as a pioneer in satellite TV, DISH Network is offering premium movie channels free for one year to most customers. DISH Network also offers Free HD for Life, which provides access to high definition feeds of popular channels at no additional cost.

“DISH Network continues to work harder than any other company in the industry to offer the best prices, and the most choices,” said Ira Bahr, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. “We pride ourselves on not raising rates each year, unlike cable companies. And despite rising programming costs, we are pleased to continue to offer the lowest everyday prices in America.”

For more information, visit www.dishnetwork.com.

SatelliteGuys.US has CONFIRMED that the new prices are as follows:

America's Top 120 will be $44.99
America's Top 120+ will be $49.99
America's Top 200 will be $59.99
America's Top 250 will be $69.99
America's Everything Pak will be $104.99
Dish America Bronze will be $34.99
Dish America Silver will be $49.99
Dish America Gold will be $59.99

Latino Welcome Pack will be $12.99
Latino Bonus Pack will be $15.00
Latino Clasico will be $32.99
Latino Plus will be $37.99
Latino Dos will be $44.99
Latino Max will be $57.99

Wow, Only $1 less then D* base Packs.

Well with the large addtional receiver fee's D* will now be cheaper even with their price increase.

Price lock for 2 years, thats good, But since E* has already rasied prices 3 times in 12 months, Not really doing anyone any favors.
So in other words, Your Equipment and Premiums will be going up in 2012!;)

Also any company can choose not to raise prices, Just because Dish claims they are the only one announcing it, doesn't mean squat!
But congrats on the first time ever a pre announce price increase for Dish Network.:up

Also the Free HD for life and the free Premium for 1 year seems like a good deal.
I hope the fine print isn't to shady.:up

But sounds like and Autopay and 24 month commitment with this deal isn't out of the question.:deal:

Last edited:
I think with a $5 per month increase, they can easily afford to lock the prices in for two years! I demand the full slate of ESPN and Disney HD channels!!!

My HDAbs is still 29.99 with no mention of the rate increase on the bill.
They were nice and gave me another $5 loyalty credit for Jan.

I have almost become paranoid in my wanting to keep my HDA. I refuse to accept calls from Dish and I won't do any chats or phone calls to get free stuff.
heck! in 5? years, I think I have only called them twice, maybe three times.
I just want my little account to stay hidden and overlooked in all the other 35 million accounts and I am not going to do anything to draw attention to it.
Sort of like the old miner in the hills guarding his gold. Definitely paranoid.

All Cable and DBS providers raise prices. I do not know why people act so shocked that Dish raises them too... Two year lock probably means no major programming contracts coming up in the next 2 years to force an increase. One can probably mostly thank FOX for this price increase...

digiblur said:
Hmm... curious to see what happens to HDAbsoluters.

Anyone that is in that package will be migrated to AT 200 with HD FOR LIFE no strings attached, how the premium is going to work is that if you don't have any premiums your getting STARZ if you have starz then your going to get encore, if you have both starz and encore and have HD then you will get HDplatinum and if you have both starz and encore and no HD then you will get 6 free PPV Coupons or if you have all three starz and encore and HDPlatinum then you will get 6 PPV coupons. Also there will be no strings attached with the free premium offer free for a year no need for autopay or paperless billing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)