DISH Network Price Change

Is this the correct line up for Select: DIRECTV or http://www.wahkiakumwest.com/images/channel_lineup.pdf ?

I am sorry if I caused any confusion. I really would like everyone to know their options with all available providers in order for subs to make a reasonable decision based on the programming they would like along with the price in which they can afford.

In fairness to Dish: TV Channel Lineup - Satellite Channels on DISH Network

Yes the Directv link is the right select package it has History and History Intl in it that how I can tell lol.

You call me a troll when I am simply stating a fact. When a state has no income tax, they must get their revenue from elsewhere. Do a little research, or come on up here to the Northeast, and you will see what property taxes are all about.

I love you guys who leave Dish, but can't seem to stay out of the forums. It is like you are trying to justify leaving them to yourself. To me it is people like you who are the TROLLS.

1. I have a house in upstate NY in Saratoga County. So I now something about property tax.

2. Here the big difference between FL property tax and most other place every little pet project gets tossed into property tax. schools , hosptials you name it get hidden in property tax usually with an vote on it with the logic of its only a penny more. In NY as example property is generally fair. You get a income tax from the state but it broken down so you can see where the money going.

3. It is a different system of taxing the taxes are way out of line down here. The cost of living is out of this world and on top of all the regular taxes we tax the heck out of tourism come down to florida spend a night and look at the tax on that 89 dollar a night room.

I'm going purely streaming/downloading and antenna once my contract is up. The sooner Satellite/Cable companies realize consumers to have al a cart channel selection with a vast on demand line up the more likely they will stick around. One year until I cut the cord!

This is what would worry me. As a Directv sub, Im a little curious about this strategy. Is it actually good for the customer, and do you really think no contracts are due up in that period? Dish is already tough with negotiations, as well as Direcv, and those yearly rises help keep channels on the air. Does freezing prices open up one more to losing a channel during a negotiation? Or is this a suck in new folks, so they are under contract, and cant do anything about it ?

Im not here to argue about Dish vs Directv, Im a little curious at the strategy.

Honestly I think there hoping that congress and the fcc get envovled with this fleecing of america. If it were for content providers seeking unfair increases the price hikes would not be anywhere as bad as they are. With renewed interest in this subject in the House and in the fcc maybe there hopeing congress passes something to keep providers from gouging them so they dont have to gouge us.

I think "Channels" will be obsolete in 10 years or so..we will be all buying individual shows on the internet or subscribing to services similar to "Netflix" ..much like the record companies with overpriced "CD's" the internet will take down the greedy content providers (i.e.local stations,ESPN) that pollute the airwaves today

Dish Will Raise, Then Freeze, Prices For Two Years

Dish Will Raise, Then Freeze, Prices For Two Years - 2011-01-04 13:28:05 | Multichannel News

DBS Provider Will Add $3 To $5 Per Month To Sub Packages Starting Next Month, Then Hold Line Through Jan. 2013

Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News - Jan 4

Dish Network will raise prices on most of its programming packages, starting in February, and then put a hold on subscriber increases for two years.

Beginning next month, the No. 2 DBS provider will add $3 to $5 per month to most of its programming packages, before enacting a two-year price freeze through January 2013. Dish said it is the only major satellite or cable company in U.S. to announce a two-year price stabilization.

As a result, Dish, which is not charging more equipment fees or premium programming, said its typical customer's video package over that span will increase some 3% on an annualized basis.

Dish officials said that even with the increases it will still offer lower prices than a number of what it called its competitors' "starter packages," pointing to $59.95 per month on average for Comcast, the $59 for AT&T U-verse U100 and $60.99 for DirecTV's Choice.

Moreover, Dish said it proffers four programming packages that have a lower price than DirecTV;s Choice: Dish America ($34.99), America's Top 120 ($44.99), America's Top 120+ ($49.99) and America's Top 200 ($59.99).

According to the Denver Post, Dish's declared price hike means the monthly rate on its most popular package, America's Top 120, will jump 12% from $40 to $44.99, while the cost of its America's Top 200 offering will increase 9% from $55 to $59.99.

Also, in honor of its 30th anniversary, the company is offering premium movie channels free for one year to most customers. Dish also offers Free HD for Life, which provides access to high definition feeds of popular channels at no additional cost.

"Dish Network continues to work harder than any other company in the industry to offer the best prices, and the most choices," said Ira Bahr, chief marketing officer for Dish in a statement. "We pride ourselves on not raising rates each year, unlike cable companies. And despite rising programming costs, we are pleased to continue to offer the lowest everyday prices in America."

http://www.multichannel.com/article/..._Two_Years.php

As far as people being upset with rate increases in general... who in the world would expect prices not to increase? Rates are always going up. Now what makes me pissed is having to pay a sales tax on Sat TV, when cable viewers don't in Ohio.
I'm going purely streaming/downloading and antenna once my contract is up. The sooner Satellite/Cable companies realize consumers to have al a cart channel selection with a vast on demand line up the more likely they will stick around. One year until I cut the cord!
I think this may be why they are giving some "premium" channel(s) for free. The option to cut the cord as rates continue to go up and so many options available online these days is becoming less of a hassle. So Dish Network may be throwing the customer a bone. If it is the Starz Movie Pack (in HD), that would be a relatively nice sized bone, for most Dish Network subscribers.

Problem with streaming, at least for me is it's MORE expensive. Some stuff, even at 99 cents an epi, adds up over 4 weeks a month.Then there is all this off the wall stuff I like on Nat Geo. I get a lot of ent outta my provider, so it'd have to cost a lot for me to cut them out.

I agree with you 100%. It's astounding to me that so many people here will make the statement "well you signed the contract", or "the contract says they can raise prices anytime". Comon people grow a pair. This country wasn't built on the adage of "bend over and take it cause we said so".

The point is, we all already know that these contracts are rather one sided. We can hardly whine that it ain't fair, that is non productive. We can spit upwind, or we can realize we aren't changing the wind, we can only adjust to the way things are.

Man up, and take responsibility for your choices. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't whine that it oughta be otherwise.

The thing that really bothers me is the fact that we lose channels in the contract disputes.Dish argues they are trying to keep customer costs down,yet we get slapped with a $5 per month increase.The price freeze is nothing more than a smokescreen,the average annual price increase is $2 or $3.So they hit us with $5 all at once instead of $3 this year and $2 next year.Its also really surprising that the economy has bounced back so quickly to justify such an increase. :facepalm

The thing that really bothers me is the fact that we lose channels in the contract disputes.Dish argues they are trying to keep customer costs down,yet we get slapped with a $5 per month increase.
Dish's response, or any company's response, to that would be the price increase would be higher if they didn't fight the contract terms.

1. I have a house in upstate NY in Saratoga County. So I now something about property tax.

2. Here the big difference between FL property tax and most other place every little pet project gets tossed into property tax. schools , hosptials you name it get hidden in property tax usually with an vote on it with the logic of its only a penny more. In NY as example property is generally fair. You get a income tax from the state but it broken down so you can see where the money going.

3. It is a different system of taxing the taxes are way out of line down here. The cost of living is out of this world and on top of all the regular taxes we tax the heck out of tourism come down to florida spend a night and look at the tax on that 89 dollar a night room.

Yep, the non ad valorem part of property taxes is ridiculous down here. Each time they want more money they just add another non ad valorem component. Since normal "property taxes" are tied to market value of property and since market values have tanked, so have the ad valorem revenue streams. My house has lost 70% or more of its market value from its high, but my "property taxes" are still more than half of what they were at their peak for 2007.

With Dish Network's price increase of $5.dollars Feb. 1st 2011 and my AT250 package(believe me there's more than 250 channels) is still going to be under $70.,plus a price freeze until Feb. 2013? plus Free Movies channels for 1 year?.....Thank you Charlie Ergen and Dish Network!!!!.;):D:D

The thing that really bothers me is the fact that we lose channels in the contract disputes.Dish argues they are trying to keep customer costs down,yet we get slapped with a $5 per month increase.The price freeze is nothing more than a smokescreen,the average annual price increase is $2 or $3.So they hit us with $5 all at once instead of $3 this year and $2 next year.Its also really surprising that the economy has bounced back so quickly to justify such an increase. :facepalm

Yes, it does smell like a money grab in advance. Nice to have an extra $800 million or so to play with in advance.

Fios for $70? Out the door? Hrmm..... let's see.... the $69 price I think you are mentioning is for the first 6 months. Then it goes to $79.99 if you ordered online (or $84.99 if you ordered on phone). And let's not forget that $15.99 montly DVR fee (it's only free for the first 3 months!), $5.99 standard def box rentals, and the $5 or so in video franchise fees every month.....

I think your bill is going to be a lot more than $70 a month for the next two years..........

I've priced the FIOS TV / internet / phone deal several times and you are correct about the price going up. But, I can get the top tier ( extreme / 35-35 internet / phone ) with a Multiroom HD DVR, regular HD DVR, HD STB and basic phone for $145 - $155 ( second year price ). I expect a few more dollars for tax, etc. Verizon offers me a corp discount of $10 a month, so it would actually be $135. They are also running a promotion for a free DVR for 12 months right now.

But I pay $107 for Dish now ( will be $112 next month?) , and $41 for internet ( 10 mbps comcast ) and $30 for Voip, so I would still save some money.

So worst case, I will still save $10 or $15 a month. Not a big deal, but I will have 35/35 internet.:D

When do the receiver and dvr fee price increases get announced?

the only scam here is believing that Dish freeze's anything....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)