Dish Network Questions

Brandon615

Original poster
May 13, 2005
Hi,

I was looking on DishNetworks website at the different packages. I came to the conclusion that the America 120 package is $42.99 with no commitment and $30.99 for a 1 year commitment. Is this right? Am I reading it correctly?

My main reason for going to sattelite is because I want FX (I'm a Nascar fan and the races are starting to move over there).

Anyway, if anyone could tell me if those prices are right I'd really appreciate it. Also, how much are taxes each month? Thanks

Hi welcome to the site :welcome

What did you use to get those prices? The order online? I'm assuming you're in the NY/Mets promotion area where you get $12 off any package for a year with a year commitment.

So yes that would be correct, AT120: 42.99 - 12 = 30.99

Good deal :)

BFG said:
Hi welcome to the site :welcome

What did you use to get those prices? The order online? I'm assuming you're in the NY/Mets promotion area where you get $12 off any package for a year with a year commitment.

So yes that would be correct, AT120: 42.99 - 12 = 30.99

Good deal :)

I'm actually located just south of Daytona Beach, FL. I just went to Dish Network's site, and I was curious what kind of other charges there were so I went to the order online part of their site. When I chose the no commitment option where they also give you the option of 12 and 24 month choices it came out to be $42.99. I then went and checked the 12 month commitment and at the screen it asks to pick the entertainment package you want it gave the following:

America's Top 60 with locals $19.99
America's Top 60 Plus with locals $24.99
America's Top 120 with locals $30.99
America's Top 180 with locals $19.99 <-- I remember seeing somewhere on the site that this offer is for 3 months only, not sure what it is after that
America's Everything Pack with locals $53.99

Sadly I can't just get the $19.99 as it does not have FX. The cheapest package that does is the 120 with $30.99 a month.

Anyway, how do you like their service? Is there any hidden charges they hit you with? I'm on a budget and do not want a bunch of surprises after signing up. Also, could you give me an idea of the amount of taxes there are? Thanks again

Florida satellite tax total is 13.7%

Service is fine.

They charge you whenv you downgrade a service, so if you want to change programming a lot they'll hit you.

Ok, I may go ahead and sign up with them then. Another question, we had satelitte with Directv up until a couple years ago (we canceled because prices were getting to high). Will the dish and LNB mounted up on the roof now work with Dish Network? I'm just planning on getting the low end, cheapest receiver model.

Also, what is the deal with this equipment rental fee and Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee? I don't remember any of those fees at Directv. Like I said, when I sign up I plan to get the low-end cheapest receiver.

EDIT: Looks like it'll be a 322 receiver.

With a 322 you will get two rooms of Sat programing. If you have the 322 hooked up to a phone line at all times you will not incure any fees. It will be like you just had 1 receiver with Direct. Other than that there are no other charges with a 322.

If you order the Top 120 at 42.99 (plus some taxes if they apply in your area), thats what your bill will be after the special is over.

No the Direct dish will probably not work for your Dish system. If it was the single LNB dish it would but you would not get all the programing. They should be able to use the mount and just change the dish though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts