Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® EXPANDS LOCAL HD OFFERINGS IN SIX MARKETS
Continues reign as HD leader with HD locals in 152 markets covering more than 93 percent of U.S. households

WHAT: DISH Network® today expanded its local lineup of high definition (HD) channels in six DMAs, fortifying the company’s HD leadership.

WHERE: New HD channels include WTVC (ABC) Ch. 9 in Chattanooga, Tenn.; WBNS (CBS) Ch. 10 in Columbus, Ohio; WICU (NBC) Ch. 12 in Erie, Pa.; WWMT (CBS) Ch. 3 in Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, Mich.; WTHR (NBC) Ch. 13 in Indianapolis, Ind.; and WPEC (CBS) Ch. 12 in West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, Fla.

WHEN: WBNS, WICU and WTHR will become available to DISH Network subscribers at approximately 7 p.m. ET on Sept. 16, 2009. WTVC, WWMT and WPEC will become available Sept. 17, 2009.

WHY: No one offers more HD local channels in more markets than DISH Network; currently DISH Network provides HD local channels in 152 markets covering more than 93 percent of U.S. TV households.

HOW: DISH Network customers with an HD receiver who subscribe to HD programming and locals will receive HD feeds of their broadcasts at no additional charge. For more information about DISH Network’s HD offerings, please visit www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or talk to us on Twitter (@dishnetwork).

Good Morning Scott, with the launch of Nimiq 5 and E6 moving over to the 61.5 location, how much more HD space is available on Ciel 2? Reason is, here in L.A. we have about 4 to 5 local HD Channels that are not on the DN line-up. DTV does carry these channels. L.A. is a huge market, I would think DN would add these channels to finish off all available HD channels in major markets.

Now if they would just launch the Tyler/Longview Texas DMA in HD. Hasn't even been announced yet, but Direct has offered it for quite a while. I keep holding out. Good thing I can get them OTA.

Now if they would just launch the Tyler/Longview Texas DMA in HD. Hasn't even been announced yet, but Direct has offered it for quite a while. I keep holding out. Good thing I can get them OTA.

I wish the same thing. I have a deep fringe antenna atop a 60' tower and can even get Shreveport when I turn the rotor in that direction. I live about 40 miles north of Tyler and have no trouble getting HD-OTA. I recently subscribed to locals just so I could have a program guide but to tell you the truth, I don't think we will ever get HD on Dish out here. The market is just too small.

...include WTVC (ABC) Ch. 9 in Chattanooga, Tenn.; WBNS (CBS) Ch. 10 in Columbus, Ohio; WICU (NBC) Ch. 12 in Erie, Pa.; WWMT (CBS) Ch. 3 in Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, Mich.; WTHR (NBC) Ch. 13 in Indianapolis, Ind.; and WPEC (CBS) Ch. 12 in West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, Fla.
Something tells me those are all owned by the same company and Dish finally settled their differences.

Good Morning Scott, with the launch of Nimiq 5 and E6 moving over to the 61.5 location, how much more HD space is available on Ciel 2? Reason is, here in L.A. we have about 4 to 5 local HD Channels that are not on the DN line-up. DTV does carry these channels. L.A. is a huge market, I would think DN would add these channels to finish off all available HD channels in major markets.

What channels are you referring too? I live in LA and I get all the locals in HD except for KCOP. You must be referring to the PBS channels are channels like 56.

HD channels to 93 percent of the Population.

Not if you live in Rochester NY, Rochester is the 73rd largest Market in the US, but the third largest City in New York State. No Local HD, not even on Dish Networks Radar.

I'd love to get Local HD channels from satellite, in the meantime I felt the need to upgrade my 622 to a 722k so I could record more than one Local HD feed. Rochester's Local SD channels were added very early when Dish decided to move to offer local into local service, so where are Rochesters HD channels.

One other comment, why doesn't Dish offer CW HD for those markets that either don't have a local CW Affiliate, or in my case no local OTA CW HD feed (Cable only in Rochester).

John

Here's the info you are looking for about the room left on Ciel2...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...otbeam-satellite-utilization-information.html

What channels are you referring too? I live in LA and I get all the locals in HD except for KCOP. You must be referring to the PBS channels are channels like 56.
Channel 13 KCOP HD, Channel 22 KWHY HD, Channel 28 KCET HD, Channel 50 KOCE HD, Channel 52 KVEA HD. These Channels are all available in HD in the L.A. Market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)