Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® LAUNCHES CENTROAMÉRICA TV INTO DISHLATINO PACKAGES

Announces Sponsorship of La Liga Game of the Week

Englewood, Colo. and Miami, February 2, 2010 – DISH Network L.L.C., the U.S. leader in Spanish-language programming, today announced the launch of Centroamérica TV, a channel delivering original programming and top-rated soccer content directly from Central America. In addition, DISH Network is sponsoring Centroamérica TV’s La Liga (Spanish soccer league) game of the week, airing every Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

Centroamérica TV is available exclusively via satellite and is located on DISH Network Ch. 832 at no extra charge to subscribers of DishLATINO Clásico and above programming packages. The channel was created to provide Central Americans living in the U.S. with a strong connection to their home countries through informative and entertaining programming such as “Viva la Mañana” from Guatemala, “Hola El Salvador,” “Noticias 12” from Nicaragua and “Telenoticias” from Costa Rica. The channel also features live soccer games every week and sports highlight programs such as “El Pizarrón Deportivo” from El Salvador, “Resumen Deportivo” from Costa Rica and “Gol a Gol,” a detailed review of the week’s highlights from La Liga.

“DISH Network is the leader in Spanish-language programming because we continue to bring new and exciting programming like Centroamérica TV to the wide variety of Latino communities in the U.S.,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “We are very pleased that the millions of Central Americans who live in the U.S. now have access to Centroamérica TV at a value unmatched by any other pay-TV provider in the country.”

“We continue with our commitment to serve the Central American community in the U.S., and we are thrilled Centroamérica TV is now available through DISH Network’s DishLATINO suite of packages,” said Antonio Briceño, general manager for Centroamérica TV and vice president of Distribution and Channels for Imagina U.S. “This reaffirms our standing as the leading channel for Central Americans living in this country.”

For more information on how to subscribe to any of DISH Network’s Spanish-language programming packages, visit DISH LATINO or call 1-888-641-3052.

Ugg..whats with all these stupid HD channels that only a small minority watch???

Why haven't we heard that channels like ESPNU, E, AMC and others are getting HD added?? I would have thought they would have pushed these channels by now.

I'd love to see just a few more channels go HD so I could drop all my standard channels for nothing but HD and maybe save some money.

Ugg..whats with all these stupid HD channels that only a small minority watch???

Why haven't we heard that channels like ESPNU, E, AMC and others are getting HD added?? I would have thought they would have pushed these channels by now.

I'd love to see just a few more channels go HD so I could drop all my standard channels for nothing but HD and maybe save some money.

One, its not an hd channel, and its not even in the programing package you probably have, it is an add on, and two, a lot of people could say the same thing about ESPNU, E, and AMC. There are many people out there who don't like sports or crappy shows about stupid bottom rung celebs.

English speaking customers could also be enjoying La Liga if we still had GolTV.:mad:
CHARLIE ARE YOU LISTENING TO THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?

When this channel left dish was it exclusive to Direct? If so, is it now exclusive to dish only? The release says exclusive to satellite..

I remember a good amount of internationals crossing over to Direct over the last few years, maybe some will be coming back now.

English speaking customers could also be enjoying La Liga if we still had GolTV.:mad:
CHARLIE ARE YOU LISTENING TO THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?
La Liga is on ESPN Deportes, and in HD on ESPN2-HD, both are available to Dish Latino customers.

And, it seems likely that any provider would change their contract with GolTV in the summer, and not any other time.

PS Charlie does not negotiate programming deals - he actually has hired a few employees over the past 12 years to do that sort of thing...

When this channel left dish was it exclusive to Direct? If so, is it now exclusive to dish only? The release says exclusive to satellite..

I remember a good amount of internationals crossing over to Direct over the last few years, maybe some will be coming back now.

Dish Network said that it wasn't a profitable channel so they dropped the channel and then it moved to Direct. It's still available on Directv though.

wrong. I would be willing to bet that as many people subscribe to spanish programming as subscribe to HD on Dish...

You say I'm wrong yet your "willing to bet" How can I be wrong with out some sort of data to back up your "wrong" claim. I could be very "right" that a minority amount of people watch these channels.

But back to my other question..if possible can someone point me in the right direction to where the new channels coming Feb 10th or whatever is a list or thread? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)