Dish Network Reactivation

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
What the hell were they thinkin' with that $25 re-activation fee? Jeez! I can understand if you were deactivated for non-payment. But to penalize honest returning customers is almost as bone-headed and downright greedy as charging $5 for downgrading or "sidegrading" your programming, or charging $5 for no added value simply because you have a 510, 522, or 921.

llama

Apr 19, 2004
dishrich said:
Just curious, why ARE you switching back???
Main reason is PQ. I have an 80" inch screen, and cable looks crapollia. Also, it seemed like I watch more tv with the Dish... The only thing comcast has to offer is On Demand (which is bad A$$)

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2004
GaryPen said:
What the hell were they thinkin' with that $25 re-activation fee? Jeez! I can understand if you were deactivated for non-payment. But to penalize honest returning customers is almost as bone-headed and downright greedy as charging $5 for downgrading or "sidegrading" your programming, or charging $5 for no added value simply because you have a 510, 522, or 921.

Totally agree with gary here. E* should not try & make money ($5) per transaction for downgrading programming, etc. Verizon does not do that, if I wanted to add/take off CallerID! It only takes us away from trying out the new channels. I would not mind subscribing to a new channels (In fact I love to add and see how they are) but if I know I have to pay another $5 to take it off, I shall think 2 times before ordering it. Just bad ways to make money...

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 5, 2004
llama said:
Main reason is PQ. I have an 80" inch screen, and cable looks crapollia. Also, it seemed like I watch more tv with the Dish... The only thing comcast has to offer is On Demand (which is bad A$$)

but I cannot believe that Dish looks a lot better than digital cable on that size of monitor. I have a 60'' and know that most satellite feeds cannot provide that great picture...just learned to live with it...esp when one has seen what HD is!

llama

Apr 19, 2004
Yea, I hear ya. Crap in, crap out. However, the analog channels with my cable are quite sucky indead...

Also, I HATE, repeat HATE the guide on the Comcast box. The dish network guides are easier to use and more 'pretty'. haha, the whole WAF thing, ya know..?

llama

Apr 19, 2004
Well Shoot... That was easy :/ Just called up Dish, said I was a previous customer wanting to get back. They offered me the DHA.. basically the same package they offer new customers.

WOOT!

AcuraCL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 7, 2004
llama said:
Well Shoot... That was easy :/ Just called up Dish, said I was a previous customer wanting to get back. They offered me the DHA.. basically the same package they offer new customers.

WOOT!

See?? Honest is the best policy.

Worked for George Washington. Or was it Abe Lincoln?

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
GaryPen said:
George Washington was probably the last politician it worked for. Shoot, He was probably the last politician that practiced it.

Nah, I'd vote for Lincoln being the last honest one and just look what it got him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)