Dish Network Realignment of Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stacey Baker

Original poster
Apr 29, 2020
Camden
Need help please. I just put a new roof on my house and didn't want to drill holes into my new roof for satellite.
I need help trying to find signal.
Here is my information:
I have a Dish satellite 1000.2 EA, Dish pointing guide for 38320 area code says, Elevation 44, Skew 66 and Azimuth 149.
That is close to the angle that is was pointing when on the roof, now satellite is relocated on back porch.

Problem is: I go to installation menu on tv screen. The two satellite for my receiver says satellite 72 and satellite 61.5.
I have 4 information items to enter: zip code, dish system, transponder, satellite.
Zip code is 38320, but dish system says enter either super, 300 or 500. None of which is 1000.2 EA (that is my first problem)
I don't know what transponder to enter, (that is second problem)
I don't know which satellite to enter, (that is the third problem)

When I enter satellite 300, it says to select satellite 61.5, 110.119 or 148. That is the closest to the number I need when i select 61.5 but still not that close.

Regardless of what I enter into those 4 columns, I do not come close to the numbers 44,66, 149.

I have tried and tried, and I can't get any signal at all.

Hope this makes sense, need help please.
Thanks

Stacy, you need more help than I think we can help you with. You actually have to aim that dish to a pinprick in the sky not just south. You would do well to call a Dish installer to get you going.

Need help please. I just put a new roof on my house and didn't want to drill holes into my new roof for satellite.
I need help trying to find signal.
Here is my information:
I have a Dish satellite 1000.2 EA, Dish pointing guide for 38320 area code says, Elevation 44, Skew 66 and Azimuth 149.
That is close to the angle that is was pointing when on the roof, now satellite is relocated on back porch.

Problem is: I go to installation menu on tv screen. The two satellite for my receiver says satellite 72 and satellite 61.5.
I have 4 information items to enter: zip code, dish system, transponder, satellite.
Zip code is 38320, but dish system says enter either super, 300 or 500. None of which is 1000.2 EA (that is my first problem)
I don't know what transponder to enter, (that is second problem)
I don't know which satellite to enter, (that is the third problem)

When I enter satellite 300, it says to select satellite 61.5, 110.119 or 148. That is the closest to the number I need when i select 61.5 but still not that close.

Regardless of what I enter into those 4 columns, I do not come close to the numbers 44,66, 149.

I have tried and tried, and I can't get any signal at all.

Hope this makes sense, need help please.
Thanks
You don't put anything in Zip Code or Dish type. By default, it's Dish 500. Just run the check switch so it connects to the LNB and knows which one it is and then try to peak with the signal meter. If you use Transponder 17, both signals should be in the mid to high 50's and make sure the mast is perfectly plumb

Reactions: TheKrell
You don't put anything in Zip Code or Dish type. By default, it's Dish 500. Just run the check switch so it connects to the LNB and knows which one it is and then try to peak with the signal meter. If you use Transponder 17, both signals should be in the mid to high 50's and make sure the mast is perfectly plumb

Oh okay. I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts