Dish Network Receiver for FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jollyrgr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Please understand. I DO NOT want to get Dish Network on my FTA! I want to do the opposite. Is it possible to get an old DISH receiver to work with FTA signals? I'm new to MPEG receivers (just since July) but have been using BUDs for over ten years. Moderators, if this post is not appropriate, please delete it.

A previously activated Dishnetwork receiver (And a DBS LNB)will only get you the very few "IN THE CLEAR" channels like Nasa and Gol TV thats it.

Best to use your your DVB receiver and a DBS LNB. (IMO)

It has been possible to use an Echostar receiver for FTA for years, up until April of this year.

Dish Network receivers are programmed with fixed frequency and SR (= 20000). If you can find a transponder that (fr - 10750) matches a dish transponder (frequency - 11250), and SR = 20000, then you can use a Dish Network or BEV receiver to receiver it.

There had been one such transponder on T5, the one with Dubai Sports. Is it a coincidence? not really. That bouquet used to belong to a service called Sky Vista, which used Echostar receivers. Sky Vista went belly up in April of 2000, but Dubai Sports, Saudi 1, EDTV1 (Dubai channel) and Dubai business channel had stayed in that bouquet for 5 years.

I used to use an Echostar receiver to get the soccer games on Dubai Sports, whenever there is a conflict (other soccer games on another ethnic channel T5, like TV Romania, Iranian TV, Turkish's DFH, etc.) that I need my DMT1050 to receive.

It was a nice ride, until that Arabic bouquet went away in April this year.

PSB said:
A previously activated Dishnetwork receiver (And a DBS LNB)will only get you the very few "IN THE CLEAR" channels like Nasa and Gol TV thats it.

Best to use your your DVB receiver and a DBS LNB. (IMO)

Gol won't be on a previously activated receiver.

NASA
Angel One

are the only ones that will aloow you to see on a Dish receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)