Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - March 12, 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Great!
I'm in the Philadelphia DMA so I lose the Big 10 Network!
What's the reasoning behind that?

Last I heard there was a big 10 team in Pennsylvania, that has an 80 year old head football coach... :cool:\

but I guess Philly is Big East/ACC country with all those other teams in town.

next here comes my favorite part of the show... Leslie Harper with Tech News. :)

She talks about the new (not so) Archos Media Players (Formerlly know as the PocketDish)

She tells us about the two models and how to get the Plug In which will allow you to transfer shows from your 622/722 to the Archos Media Player

She shows us the new ViP211K.

Back to Jim and Tom who tell us the pricing for the Archos Units and the Dish 211k.

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 307
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 363
Now on to questions which means this is the end of the chat... unless someone has a good question. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

I wonder how scientific these dots are. Look at the one near/at Buffalo. It's not eactly where it should be, but pretty close. I still remain curious on how they will do this with no spotbeam that covers Buffalo.

Hey scott, i'm curious if you can leverage your contacts to get a city listing name rather than trying to decipher this map.

I second this. I'd like to know if my DMA is even on their radar screen for this year.

No unfortunately, and the blue dots is where they would like to be, it does not mean that the local channels will let them carry their HD signal etc.

All the blue dots are subject to change at anytime.

When I get locals updates, I post them here to SatelliteGuys, so like I always say... Stay Tuned!

I wonder how scientific these dots are. Look at the one near/at Buffalo. It's not eactly where it should be, but pretty close. I still remain curious on how they will do this with no spotbeam that covers Buffalo.

Hey scott, i'm curious if you can leverage your contacts to get a city listing name rather than trying to decipher this map.
I saw the dots and thought - thats not me, saw the slides later and my area is due for april. :)

Great!
I'm in the Philadelphia DMA so I lose the Big 10 Network!
What's the reasoning behind that?

Could it be because the Philly DMA goes into a chunk of NJ and most of Delaware?

Since those aren't Big Ten states they might be blocking the whole DMA.

Could it be because the Philly DMA goes into a chunk of NJ and most of Delaware?

Since those aren't Big Ten states they might be blocking the whole DMA.
No need to do that, they can block by State, they already do that for some of the statewide PBS's.

Scoot they have a blue dot by New Orleans, and since D. already carries New Orleans HD locals, shouldn't that mean E. can get an agreement to carry thier HD. I hope so becuase I want my HD locals by football season sooooo bad. Yea I know I get ESPN HD, and ESPN2HD, and they carry a bunch of games, but a lot of the big games are on CBS and ABC, and I am sick of watching them in SD.

They then talk about how a retailer can apply to accept the ........ Goverment Digital Conversion Coupons... This is lengthy and nothing a customer would care about so I am going to skip it.

I take it by that statement that DISH retailers will be selling the Echostar version of the Echostar/Sling TR 40. Is that correct? Several members of the forums have expressed an interest in those and how to obtain them.

I take it by that statement that DISH retailers will be selling the Echostar version of the Echostar/Sling TR 40. Is that correct? Several members of the forums have expressed an interest in those and how to obtain them.
That would be correct, but they wont be available until sometime in June (if not LATE in June.)

My Coupons will be expired by then.

As to the Big Ten network in Philadelphia:

It has been reported in the papers in the midwest and I know this from a confidant at a Big Ten University that Comcast and the Big Ten are about to come to terms on Big Ten Network carriage.

The compromise is that Comcast has to include the BTN in extended basic package everywhere in "Big Ten Country".

HOWEVER, Philadephia DMA is SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED. So Comcast Philly does not have to carry BTN, except in a sports tier (more money).

When Dish and Directv signed with BTN they both received Most-Favored-Nation Protection. Meaning that they benefit from any concessions negotiated by other carriers.

Hence, Dish can exclude metro philly from "Big Ten Country" and make it an RSN. The rest of Penn. is still in Big Ten Country, and will continue to get it in AT 200 or whatever.

It remains the highest HD PQ available for sports!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts