Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - May 23, 2008

james_k_p: Likely technical difficulties with HD feeds resulting from Katrina, if I'd take a shot at it.

This will be recapped (Recap of the Recap) today on the News Monitor. Don't miss it!

(Done. Up and ready. One minor site change included the addition of a Web Clip icon for Safari and Mobile Safari, the rest being all Uplink Report Highlights and Recap of the Recap.)

I doubt it's Katrina related. Direct has them. Although I get them OTA, it would be nice to not need that big antenna.

25 more LiL HD cities to do over the next few months, not to mention a bunch of new HD nationals, Dish engineers will be busy all summer.

Glad to see that Syracuse, NY is still on the list for locals. Summer is find with me. Just in time for the return of my shows for the Fall...WHOO HOOO!!!

Folks... they really aren't going strictly by DMA order.

exactly. If Dish cant get an agreement with the owners of those stations then they pass them over. Also as noted above, spotbeam coverage.

In the case of Fargo (and probably some of the other DMA"s listed) Fargo DMA is pretty much the eastern 1/2 of the state. Dish feels if they can get lots of people to sign up or upgrade to HD when the locals come on line then its worth it.

I wonder if they would carry BOTH ABC channels in the market or just one? There are 2 ABC affiliates in the Fargo/GF area (both owned by same people). They have both SD channels up..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)