Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap - May 23, 2008

This is ONLY a guess, but I wonder if the smaller markets (Columbia, Joplin, Topeka, and maybe Wichita) in the MO/KS area will go on 61.5 spots that haven't been used yet. Kansas City, IMO, will stay on 129 when it goes spotbeam with Ciel-5. St Louis is the wild card - it's on 118.7 now (and may stay there after "western arc," for all I know). Anyone know what the future for 118.7 is?

Brad

As the other sats are southwest from Kansas/Mo and 61.5 is almost flat and almost due east, this would blow most folks mind. I can see telling the wife, "Wife we need to move our house, so we can get local HD channels off satellite," (when we're already getting them withe antenna.):D

Do the new 722 or 622 have an input for OTA and have a built-in HD tuner like my old 811? And do the new D* tuners also have it? I have a HDTV but does not have an intergrated receiver.
Thanks

A year ago Louisville was on the list to get HD locals now it's not even on the list :(

I saw Charleston WV on the list for HD locals last year as well and it is no longer on the list. My guess is that the AMC satellite launch failure resulted in a lot of DMA's going to have their HD local launches delayed for a while (years?)

Sigh, freaking Columbia and Joplin get HD locals before Springfield MO which is larger, and was announced like 2 years ago?

Sigh, freaking Columbia and Joplin get HD locals before Springfield MO which is larger, and was announced like 2 years ago?

Yeah, I thought Springfield would get them before we would.

BTW, our local FOX isn't even broadcasting in HD OTA. I wonder if they will use a direct link like our local cable company does. Anyone have info on these issues where there is no HD OTA, but do have an HD station?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)