Dish Network Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SilverAlien81

Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
I am looking at switching from Comcast to Dish Network, however I had a hard time finding some good review stories from consumers on Dish Network.

Please let me know how Dish Network is/has worked for you.

The only information I have from a friend is that Dish suffers from more signal loss due to rain fade etc. than DirecTV.

Thanks again,
:)

Well, I used to have DTv and got pissed that they wanted to charge a long time user for a HD DVR. So I switched to Metrocast (Used to be MyEastern) for a few years. They gave me the HD DVR for no monthly charge, pretty nice and all but those analog channels sucked big time on my plasma.

I just had the Dish installed yesterday. Americas 250 and the HD Gold or whatever. All I can say is WOW, luving it so far!!!! Unreal picture compared to the cable box and well, a sh*t load of HD is nice also.

I had dish for 3 years and worked for them for 6.

Rain fade only happened to me when the storm clouds were the kind that would cause street lights to come on during the middle of the day wich happened 4 times in the summer of 05 otherwise that was it except for the cold wet snow storm that plastered snow all of my dish and then froze.

I have directv now and regularly loose signal to rain fade twice a month but I deal with it as the signals are peaked and I like the cheaper hd package that I get as compared to what I would have to pay to get the same thing threw dish.

Receiver wise dish has a one up on direct with the dual tuner that can run two tv's independantly otherwise I like directs receivers just the same as dish's. Direct only charges a single dr fee while dish piles it on for every dvr just to name a few of the many additional fee's that they tack on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts