Cablevision to add 15 more HD Channels

Rutgerskid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
That's a great partial list...Probably will add CNBC or FBN, and either ESPNews or ESPNU. Can't wait until August.

*** The first post on this topic was deleted. There is a link to the story in post three***

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY!!!!!! :):):)

Too bad Deadliest Catch will be over by then :mad:.....oh well, there's always re-runs and next season.

Once Verizon played their hand, you knew Cablevision was going to move. Verizon releases new channel line-ups for NY & N NJ. And then Cablevision announces 15 more HD channels. Isn't that the same amount Verizon is adding? LOL Competition is great.

I am a Cablevision subscriber who is using a Tivo Series 3 HD receiver. I recently lost access to the Voom HD channels. Does anybody know if I will be able to access these new HD channels or will they be delivered the same way the Voom HD channels are delivered?

New HD =SDV?

Let's hope not...b/c what would be the point ...they now know that SDV isn't working & that would only be adding "insult to injury"..so CV needs to get its act together & either get rid of SDV or make it work 24/7 or their cancellation/retention dept. will be working alot of overtime

The way I see it... Cablevision will probably drop VOOM channels at the end of this month and turn on 15 new ones.

I thought the date was June 30, Which has passed. The contract runs through July?

i also heard june 30?
i doubt they will drop 15 hd channels
it has become a numbers game
they now can claim to have 60 HD channels and as always, it's "free" with IO

Cablevision contract runs out July 31 with the Voom channels so expect it to be pulled, unless Voom can find another provider.

I believe that June 30 was the last day. Since it was originally announced on June 25 and started on july it would seem odd that it would extend through July but who knows.

Personally though i think that all the talk about VOOM being dropped was speculation.

In fct here isa multichannel article reporting the June 30 date.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6575099.html?desc=topstory

Cablevision contract runs out July 31 with the Voom channels so expect it to be pulled, unless Voom can find another provider.
As VOOM is owned by the same people that own CABLEVISION (the Dolans) do you think that keeping it or dropping it will be a contract issue?

I would think it has to be more related to FiOS adding 23 or so HD channels in 3 weeks.

If it had been dropped it would have meant that Cablevision was "pulling the plug" and a few on these forums were reporting just that.

As it stands we don't know if the deal is a multi year one, a month to month thing, or whether they ahve agreed to keep it on while they continue negotiations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)