Dish Network Satellite Confiuration Help, 61.5 migrate to 118.7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BruinsFan

Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Boston
Thanks ahead of time for reading my post. Ill try to explain my situation the best I can but please ask me for more clarification if something is not clear or missing. I'll first explain what programming and equipment I have then my Satellite setup. I have a few questions then my own solutions to the problem. I don't know if my solutions will work or if there are other options, so I guess that is the whole reason I am posting for the first time. Big fan of the site but I've never had any issues so never had a reason to post.

I am subscribed to Top 250 + HD + Local Channels and Hindi Mega Pack (International Channels). I have 2 receivers, 722 with a sling adapter and 612. Both are connected online through a power cord adapter.

I currently have satellites 61.5, 72 and 77 attached to a dp44 switch. I have 3 cable wires going into my dp44 switch from the satellite on roof. . One input is is vacant for another satellite on the dp44 switch. I am located in the Boston area.

So the problem I have is that Hindi Channels are moving from 61.5 to 118. I am currently not receiving all the International Channels that I am subscribing to. From my understanding I have to get satellite 118 to get all the Hindi Channels. I don't want to get rid of 61.5 because I receive local channels from that satellite.

So my first possible solution is can I have 61.5, 72, 77 and 118 all through one dish or will I need two dishes? If not a Dish Tech will have to come to my home and add another satellite, but is this possible since I have a open input on my dp44 switch, or will I need another dp switch like 34 or another dp44? Can dp44 switch take 61.5, 72, 77, and 118? Or can two satellites be combined so I don't have to run another wires from my roof to the dp44 switch in my basement? From my understanding sometimes two satellites can be combined using another type of switch?

The second solution I have is keep the setup I have now 61.5, 72, 77 and get the Dish IP TV solution. Here is the link for people who don't know about.

h**p://dishworldiptv.c*m/hindi/howitworks.h*ml

Dish IPTV from my understanding is for people who don't have a line of site to 118, but I believe I do have a clear view since I have a 2 story house. So to be clear is 118 even available in the Boston area?

Another question is regarding the IP TV solution. Is is true Dish IPTV will offer me better quality than 118 satellite connection for International Channels? Since my internet connection to my receiver is through the power adapter will I have to purchase a SlinglinkTurbo? Will the IPTV box receiver a internet connection through the power outlet like my 722 receiver?

Thanks again for reading my post and any help you can provide me will greatly be appreciative.

We were in the same situation like u but dish network sent a tech and migrated all our channels to 118, 119 110 and 129 where our locals are located at. I would highly recommended it. No need for a second dish and u won't lose no channels

After checking your location, I don't think 129 orbit carrys your locals in HD. You may just add another dish for 118 and keep the current installation

So the problem I have is that Hindi Channels are moving from 61.5 to 118. I am currently not receiving all the International Channels that I am subscribing to. From my understanding I have to get satellite 118 to get all the Hindi Channels. I don't want to get rid of 61.5 because I receive local channels from that satellite.

So my first possible solution is can I have 61.5, 72, 77 and 118 all through one dish or will I need two dishes? If not a Dish Tech will have to come to my home and add another satellite, but is this possible since I have a open input on my dp44 switch, or will I need another dp switch like 34 or another dp44? Can dp44 switch take 61.5, 72, 77, and 118? Or can two satellites be combined so I don't have to run another wires from my roof to the dp44 switch in my basement? From my understanding sometimes two satellites can be combined using another type of switch?

The second solution I have is keep the setup I have now 61.5, 72, 77 and get the Dish IP TV solution. Here is the link for people who don't know about.

h**p://dishworldiptv.c*m/hindi/howitworks.h*ml

Dish IPTV from my understanding is for people who don't have a line of site to 118, but I believe I do have a clear view since I have a 2 story house. So to be clear is 118 even available in the Boston area?

Another question is regarding the IP TV solution. Is is true Dish IPTV will offer me better quality than 118 satellite connection for International Channels? Since my internet connection to my receiver is through the power adapter will I have to purchase a SlinglinkTurbo? Will the IPTV box receiver a internet connection through the power outlet like my 722 receiver?

Thanks again for reading my post and any help you can provide me will greatly be appreciative.
:welcome to SatelliteGuys. For the Boston area, you will need to get a second dish. The DPP44 switch that you have will accept the input for the 118 satellite. I cannot answer your questions about IPTV as I have no experience with it. E* should provide the dish for you since the channels are migrating fro 61.5 to 118.

You need a Dish 500+, it has a special LNB that is necessary to view the 118 satellite.

It looks like your best solution will be to get a D1000.4 for 61.5/72.7/77 and the D500+ wing dish with the 118 lnb output plugged into the input port on the D1000.4.

Of course since you already have all the eastern arc channels, just add the D500+ and plug it into your DPP44 switch.

Hey Everyone Thanks for all your help.

The dish tech arrived today. He did end up adding 118 but I am still unfortunately disappointing the manner and method in which the new setup was explained and done. The tech kind of tricked me and I did not not realize until after the job was done and he had left. My guess is he did the setup this way because it was easier for him. He did not want to pull a new wire from the new 118 satellite on my roof to my dp44 switch in the basement. Rather he took the easy way out and combined all 4 Sats on my roof..

Here is a more detailed explanation.

I did not realize that when he meant that I would be able to have 6 TVs with the new configuration he meant 3 HD receivers only with 3 additional TVs being added through tuner 2 on the 3 receivers. This makes it so you would only have 3 TV being able to view HD and the other 3 would have to be SD. So from my understanding I would only be able to connect 3 HD receivers. Unfortunately in the future I plan on buying 3 additional HD receivers, for my office, basement and guest bedroom. I need the dp44 switch to have additional HD receivers. The dp44 switch was removed by the tech. He explained to me that I wouldn't need it. That with the new configuration I could have 6 TV connected.

The tech was able to add 118 but he combined 118 with the other 3 satellites, 72, 77 and 61.5 and removed my dp44 switch. He combined all 4 satellites on the roof, rather than ringing down all 118 satellite separately to the dp44 switch. So in my basement where the dp44 switch he just put a splitter. He did not bother bringing a completely new wire down from the roof to the open port on my dp44 switch. I guess he did not want to bring down a completely new wire from the new 118 satellite because it was about to start raining or he just was being lazy. The way he has it setup now, he got away with bringing down a new wire from the roof to the basement.

The reason being he ended up combining all the 4 satellites on my roof from my understanding I will not be able to have than 3 HD receivers. I am afraid now when I add additional HD receiver I will have to call a subcontractor or dish tech to fix this issue.

I should have been adamant from the beginning that all 4 satellites should be brought down separately to the dp44 switch. He said in the starting of the new setup that I would be able to have 6 TVs connected no problem. He did not explain that only 3 will be in HD and the other 3 will be SD.

So now I have all my Hindi (International Channels) and all 4 satellites 61.5, 72, 77, and 118 but now I am stuck having a max 3 HD receivers only.

In the future when I add the other 3 HD receivers I am going to be stuck. I will have to have the setup redone again.

Any advice on what to do? Should I hire a satellite subcontractor to fix the problem or can I call dish again? Or should I wait until I purchase the 3 additional receivers then call dish again informing them I have no way to add additional HD receivers?

Please let me know if anything is missing or not clear. I probably repeating myself through the explaination but this has been a really frustrating day.

Thanks again to everyone and for any additional advice.

P.S Is there any way the DIRT could do anything about this?

If you are going to activate 3 more duo receivers, (1) you'll have to buy them outright and (2) you will need more than one DPP44 anyway. (Well, you could feed 6 duo receivers via 1 DPP44 and 1 DPP33 to save a few bucks. The DPP44 has feedthrough ports but the DPP33 does not). When I didn't like what my installer did, I ripped it all out and did it myself.

So... I think you might as well wait until you buy those extra receivers. I hope the installer left your DPP44 so you don't have to buy one of those too.

Was the tech lazy? Yes and no. He did what his workorder called for, which was to integrate 118.7
If you paid for the original Dpp44, he should have just bypassed it and not remove it.
Yes, you should have told him were were going to add more recs not just TVs. If you did, he would have had to run the line.

If you do add anymore recs, the tech that comes out will have to add a Dpp44 or 2 and run 1 more line from the roof anyway.

Hey everyone, wasn't able to visit the forum over the weekend. Thanks for the help.

I wasn't trying to insult the tech. He did it good job in securing the dish on to the roof. He even said he double sealed the sat dish just in case to prevent leaks. He even cleaned out the lnb which had a wasp nest. He was a nice and courteous person. I was dissapointed in the fact that I had told him prior to him starting the install that I needed to add more receivers. It was my fault in not saying additional HD receivers when he said that I would be able to watch on 6 additional TVs. I even asked him in the beginning that why isn't he pulling 118 separately to the dp44. the tech said it wasn't necessary, that I would get better signal without the switch and also that it was extra work. He said I would be fine with the way he was configuring it. I should have been adamant from the starting that I wanted him to pull the wire separately. I did pay for the dp44 originally and luckily I still have it. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)